BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications

07-09-2023, 01:04 PM   #1
Tuxon_Speed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 COMP XDRIVE

Garage List
M2 Gets New Exhaust (Sounds Great)

Finally got the exhaust sorted on the M2! But not without some issues.

Based on the research I did when looking for the perfect exhaust setup on my G80, I knew I wanted to go with catless downpipes and just a single sided midpipe for the M2.

Since I purchased the car a few months back I had been eagerly waiting for a company to come out with a single sided midpipe.

Finally I found a company called valvemaster that had one available to test out (I don’t believe they are available yet on their website but you can contact them on instagram @valvemaster_ )

After installing the new downpipes (from Mastery of art & design) we cut the factory exhaust and installed the new midpipe. This process was rather easy and the exhaust fit perfectly in the factory location, without any issue.

We started the car and noticed some minor leaks around the clamps that pair the new midpipe to the factory exhaust. This was likely caused by the fact that the clamps sent out by the company only allowed us to tighten them so much (or my level of experience). This is my only gripe about the exhaust. Other than that the quality was great.

We decided to remove the exhaust and try to add RTV sealant to the connections. It fixed the leak problems but was a massive headache to get back on. In hindsight, I should had done this initially but this was the first time I’ve ever tried to install an exhaust myself.

I did reach out to the company to let them know. They seemed receptive to maybe including instructions or addressing the clamps.

All in all. I think this setup sounds great and has zero drone. Let me know what you think.

It was a great learning experience for me and I hope to share that with you guys!

As always happy to answer any questions!

Appreciate 6
AZG87968.50
Squidget3529.00
ronin130131000.50
      07-09-2023, 02:30 PM   #2
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxon_Speed View Post
Finally got the exhaust sorted on the M2! But not without some issues.

Based on the research I did when looking for the perfect exhaust setup on my G80, I knew I wanted to go with catless downpipes and just a single sided midpipe for the M2.

Since I purchased the car a few months back I had been eagerly waiting for a company to come out with a single sided midpipe.

Finally I found a company called valvemaster that had one available to test out (I don’t believe they are available yet on their website but you can contact them on instagram @valvemaster_ )

After installing the new downpipes (from Mastery of art & design) we cut the factory exhaust and installed the new midpipe. This process was rather easy and the exhaust fit perfectly in the factory location, without any issue.

We started the car and noticed some minor leaks around the clamps that pair the new midpipe to the factory exhaust. This was likely caused by the fact that the clamps sent out by the company only allowed us to tighten them so much (or my level of experience). This is my only gripe about the exhaust. Other than that the quality was great.

We decided to remove the exhaust and try to add RTV sealant to the connections. It fixed the leak problems but was a massive headache to get back on. In hindsight, I should had done this initially but this was the first time I’ve ever tried to install an exhaust myself.

I did reach out to the company to let them know. They seemed receptive to maybe including instructions or addressing the clamps.

All in all. I think this setup sounds great and [...]
Thanks as always for your vids. Sounds much more aggressive. So this is a catless dp into single mid replacing the resonated dual into the oem axle back?

You had mentioned specifically wanting to wait for a single side mid to be available based on your previous research. Do you mind touching on that a bit as to why?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 02:33 PM   #3
Tuxon_Speed
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZG87 View Post
Thanks as always for your vids. Sounds much more aggressive. So this is a catless dp into single mid replacing the resonated dual into the oem axle back?

You had mentioned specifically wanting to wait for a single side mid to be available based on your previous research. Do you mind touching on that a bit as to why?
Yes sir that’s correct.

My reasoning for going this route was because based on the sound clips I’ve watched, equal length mids tend to sound a bit more raspy in comparison to the single mid.

Ideally I would love to go with a full exhaust because the stock back box is ugly and rather heavy. But people seem to have some issues with drone when they go that route.
Appreciate 2
AZG87968.50
ronin130131000.50
      07-09-2023, 02:38 PM   #4
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxon_Speed View Post
Yes sir that’s correct.

My reasoning for going this route was because based on the sound clips I’ve watched, equal length mids tend to sound a bit more raspy in comparison to the single mid.

Ideally I would love to go with a full exhaust because the stock back box is ugly and rather heavy. But people seem to have some issues with drone when they go that route.
Got it thanks. Didn't realize the equal length mid tended to rasp more.

Unrelated, is that the m performance lip spoiler or which is it? I noticed it does not go the full length of the trunk which is what made me think it may be but it looks much better on your car than the one on the fully loaded m performance thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 02:44 PM   #5
Tuxon_Speed
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZG87 View Post
Got it thanks. Didn't realize the equal length mid tended to rasp more.

Unrelated, is that the m performance lip spoiler or which is it? I noticed it does not go the full length of the trunk which is what made me think it may be but it looks much better on your car than the one on the fully loaded m performance thread.
I got that spoiler from AutoID. It should still be on their website.
Appreciate 1
AZG87968.50
      07-10-2023, 07:57 AM   #6
tylerdurdem
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BGM M2

Love your vids!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 08:03 AM   #7
Tuxon_Speed
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurdem View Post
Love your vids!
Yo Tyler! Thanks so much man! It takes quite a bit of work to put out these videos on a consistent basis. Makes me happy to hear people enjoy them!
Appreciate 1
ronin130131000.50
      07-10-2023, 04:36 PM   #8
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Car looks and sounds so good!
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2023, 12:33 AM   #9
Searay55555
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is Convertible

Sounds fantastic! I WANT a pair of those lifts. Which are they?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 08:16 AM   #10
Tuxon_Speed
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searay55555 View Post
Sounds fantastic! I WANT a pair of those lifts. Which are they?
They are awesome! They are the quick jacks 5000
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2023, 09:12 AM   #11
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0