home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

08-09-2023, 01:41 PM   #1
baron95
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Possible Carbonio License Plate Mounting Option

(Been waiting for this to be available for G87, as I think it is the simplest, fastest to install/remove, and no drill option - making a separate thread from an earlier comment to confirm if it works)

I emailed Carbonio to see when they'd have a plate mount for the G87. They asked for pictures of the front to see if any of their existing mounts could work for the G87 and below is what they emailed me back. Apparently it attaches behind the bumper on the lower part.

---

Thank you for the photos. As it happens we have confirmed that the following mount fits on your car:

https://carbonio.com/collections/por...se-plate-mount

It is a Porsche listing but the same mount has been successfully mounted to a current M2.

Best regards,

Robert Calisi
Stelvio Brands Inc.
Tel: (905) 290.8961 x308

Stelvio Brands Inc.

Global Home of ELEMENTFIRE.com & CARBONIO.com
      08-11-2023, 11:55 AM   #2
ZeroFox
Rep
Drives: BMW 1er

Good find ��
Appreciate 1
baron951703.50
      10-29-2023, 04:52 PM   #3
mtoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M2 G87

Garage List
Hey baron95 !

It looks like Carbonio has the G87 listed now. Is this the option you're going with, or did you decide on another? I was hoping to confirm placement.

The Rho-plate is off-center on the tow hook
The Sto n Sho is centered, but kind of low for my liking.

So I'm really wondering if the Carbonio placement is correctly represented in their image?
Since the image is photoshopped, I would like to confirm.
Also, their picture about adaptive cruise control vs no adaptive cruise control uses an older model.
And their product page is saying 2022+ , which is strange, b/c the G87 is 2023+ (maybe it really is for 2022+ and that's why the 2022 model is shown in one of the pics).
https://carbonio.com/collections/bmw...se-plate-mount

Has anyone purchased this yet?
Attached Images

Last edited by mtoo; 10-29-2023 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 07:50 PM   #4
baron95
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo View Post
Hey baron95 !

It looks like Carbonio has the G87 listed now. Is this the option you're going with, or did you decide on another? I was hoping to confirm placement.

The Rho-plate is off-center on the tow hook
The Sto n Sho is centered, but kind of low for my liking.

So I'm really wondering if the Carbonio placement is correctly represented in their image?
Since the image is photoshopped, I would like to confirm.
Also, their picture about adaptive cruise control vs no adaptive cruise control uses an older model.
And their product page is saying 2022+ , which is strange, b/c the G87 is 2023+ (maybe it really is for 2022+ and that's why the 2022 model is shown in one of the pics).
https://carbonio.com/collections/bmw...se-plate-mount

Has anyone purchased this yet?
Yes. I have purchased the Carbônio and received it. It’s good quality, but double tape mounted.

I have not received my car yet - still waiting for a boat in Mexico. I’ll post pictures once I mount it. I think it will work well for me, as I don’t plan to run a front plate, but will carry it with me and install if I ever get stopped.
      10-29-2023, 08:04 PM   #5
mtoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron95 View Post
Yes. I have purchased the Carbônio and received it. It’s good quality, but double tape mounted.

I have not received my car yet - still waiting for a boat in Mexico. I’ll post pictures once I mount it. I think it will work well for me, as I don’t plan to run a front plate, but will carry it with me and install if I ever get stopped.
I'm with you in the other thread waiting on that boat too!

I need something that will hold up through the Northeast US seasons, do you think it will do the job?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 08:13 PM   #6
baron95
Captain
Rep

I think so. Seems like a solid mount. P.S. Needs to be applied prior to any ceramic coat.
      10-29-2023, 08:34 PM   #7
mtoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think so. Seems like a solid mount. P.S. Needs to be applied prior to any ceramic coat.
Oh great point! I was planning to ppf the front. I hadn't even thought of that.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 08:29 AM   #8
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:

Could you post pictures of what you have received? How many pieces are there? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 05:53 PM   #9
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Installed a Carbonio license plate frame on my G42. Thought I would share it with you guys. (Post #1177)

https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...980822&page=54
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 06:16 PM   #10
baron95
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Could you post pictures of what you have received? How many pieces are there? Thanks.
Ha. It’s very underwhelming. Just the adjustable plate frame and adehisive tape/prep.
Attached Images

11-19-2023, 06:30 PM   #11
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ha. It’s very underwhelming. Just the adjustable plate frame and adehisive tape/prep.
Thanks. Just installed mine today. (See above post)
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 04:01 PM   #12
jhstjh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2, 2024 GR Corolla

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Thanks. Just installed mine today. (See above post)
Hi, I just got Carbonio mount for my G87 M2 today as well and it didn't inspire much confidence holding the plate. While the tape mounted base feels quite secured attaching to the bumper, the thumb nut that fixes the frame to the base isn't quite the case. I installed it and went for a test drive for like 1 mile of hwy and 1 mile local, at the end of it the thumb nut already went loose and the plate almost fell off. Do you guys see similar issue? Or I just have to screw it really hard? Don't want to constantly worry about plate falling off...

(Plus side, this mount doesn't block ACC sensor and still fully functional)
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 05:56 PM   #13
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhstjh View Post
Hi, I just got Carbonio mount for my G87 M2 today as well and it didn't inspire much confidence holding the plate. While the tape mounted base feels quite secured attaching to the bumper, the thumb nut that fixes the frame to the base isn't quite the case. I installed it and went for a test drive for like 1 mile of hwy and 1 mile local, at the end of it the thumb nut already went loose and the plate almost fell off. Do you guys see similar issue? Or I just have to screw it really hard? Don't want to constantly worry about plate falling off...

(Plus side, this mount doesn't block ACC sensor and still fully functional)
I have not had a problem. Try using blue Loctite on the screw.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 01:44 AM   #14
baron95
Captain
Rep

Looks like I was first to buy, but will be the last to install. My M2 is stuck got two weeks at the port.

Good info on the thumb screw coming loose. I’ll pre-add some blue thread locker.

In my case, I don’t plan to run the plate constantly. I’ll just keep the plate in the car, in the off chance some cop has nothing better to do. I haven’t run a front plate in years, never had an issue, but always keep it in the car ready to install.