bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-25-2023, 03:10 PM   #1
Evool
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Excessive vibration gas pedal, brake, steering wheel

Recently noticed a more pronounced feedback / vibration when I have my foot on the gas pedal, brake pedal, steering wheel. (Especially in the gas pedal) I feel it at all speeds. I took my car into the dealership today for an oil change and brought it up. They said they notice it and that I need to bring my car in at a later date to further investigate. No other issues with the car, it bothers me when I’m driving because I keep paying attention to it. Anyone else have this issue?

For reference it’s a 2023 m240i, with ~13000 miles.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 11:41 AM   #2
bmwdaddym240
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240

Garage List
2023 Bmw M240  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evool View Post
Recently noticed a more pronounced feedback / vibration when I have my foot on the gas pedal, brake pedal, steering wheel. (Especially in the gas pedal) I feel it at all speeds. I took my car into the dealership today for an oil change and brought it up. They said they notice it and that I need to bring my car in at a later date to further investigate. No other issues with the car, it bothers me when I’m driving because I keep paying attention to it. Anyone else have this issue?

For reference it’s a 2023 m240i, with ~13000 miles.
Kinda same issue just with driving tho. Have pirelli all season r19. Feel the road and little vibration in steering wheel. Is that normal or just bmw sport car vibe
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 01:05 PM   #3
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdaddym240 View Post
Kinda same issue just with driving tho. Have pirelli all season r19. Feel the road and little vibration in steering wheel. Is that normal or just bmw sport car vibe
Neither.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 01:07 PM   #4
bmwdaddym240
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240

Garage List
2023 Bmw M240  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
Neither.
?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 01:10 PM   #5
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Sounds like the OP is talking about more than subtle vibration from say run flats etc, but this is all subjective, and individuals response to such varies. One needs to separate ride/pavement irregularities/harshenss from vibration, two different things. Get the vehicle on a super flat smooth stretch of pavement and monitor vibration or lack of it. That separates harshness from vibration. Yup tires can make a big diff, but what the OP is describing is more like undue vibration to me.

There are phone free apps for monitoring vibration that can be helpful in showing magnitude but are somewhat simplistic, i know of a specialized phone app ($) developed just for vehicles that will show amount of vibration specific to engine, tires, or driveline after you put in parameters of engine cylinders, tire size, gear ratio etc....each of those will vibrate at a difference frequency (they each (tire, crankshaft, driveshaft) rotate at different speeds), and a vibration frequency analyzer will be able to separate and tell how much vibration is coming from each. Helps for narrowing down where to look for the vibration.
Let the dealer tech assess and let us know what they find,
may be simple tire/wheel out of balance.
Appreciate 0