BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

08-28-2023, 05:02 AM   #1
bmwloverm2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i 2022

Any bad thing noticed in the 03.2023 firmware update in our G42's?

Hi all,

I post this in the general forum to provide some extra visibility, maybe in some time can be moved to the specific subforum (app, idrive, etc subforum)

I am willing to know if any of those who have installed the 03.2023 update have noticed something since the notes seem to be quite minor things.

Getting intalled this 03.2023 is important because reading in the 3-series subforum, they already got the 07.2023 update and it comes with multiple improvements in many areas (cruise assist improvements, lane assist improvements, etc).

Having 03.2023 is important to be able to get 07.2023 in coming future.

So that's why i am willing to know any bad things in this version 03.2023.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 05:49 AM   #2
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i x Mercedes CLS550

And here I am stuck on 7.2021 lol. Dealer said they can't update the car. The only way is to make some type of claim after I troubleshooted it with the connect drive team. I did the trouble shoot but haven't been assed to bring it in for that
'22 M240i BSM, Shadowline, Black 791M wheels, Red Calipers, ///M Carbon Front Lip, ///M Carbon Spoiler, ///MCarbon Door Sills, Milltek Catback w/Black Tips, Dinan Carbon Intake/Engine Cover, AA Catted DP, Dalher Valve Controller, OEM+ Strut Bar, Red Start/Stop, Floating center caps, TLG Mud Flaps, Black Badges, Led Projectors, 50th Emblems, Carbon Diffuser/Mirrors w/smoke signals/Side Wings/Cooling Shroud/KIES fire extinguisher, Yellow DRL
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 05:57 AM   #3
bmwloverm2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudumonkey25 View Post
And here I am stuck on 7.2021 lol. Dealer said they can't update the car. The only way is to make some type of claim after I troubleshooted it with the connect drive team. I did the trouble shoot but haven't been assed to bring it in for that
They definitely can but it takes time for them since they have to do it manually

You can read a very long thread in some subforum in G20 with tons of people saying their dealer said "it can't" until for example one user said "Ok, i am not renewing my BSI maintenance". 1 minute later they told him they will update their car (and of course it worked).
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 03:09 AM   #4
jayritchie
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240

I’ve had 03/2023.50 for a couple months. It’s been flawless.

Not keen on the instrument cluster font change in 07/2023. Should have made it the bmw font like idrive 8.5.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2023, 01:15 PM   #5
cannockwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M240i 2023

Quote:
Dealer said they can't update the car.
I updated to this myself (when i picked up the car in the showroom) didnt have to get the dealer to do it. The car said I had an update and i just installed it???
      08-29-2023, 01:38 PM   #6
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannockwolf View Post
I updated to this myself (when i picked up the car in the showroom) didnt have to get the dealer to do it. The car said I had an update and i just installed it???
I hit the check for updates all the time and it never finds them. My x3 does it no problem it's a 2023 that's had like 4 updates in the past year. My m240i I picked up in Nov 21 is still on original firmware, no m240 on the dash

In some of the older post people had said if you never got the first one from like nov-21 you'll never get them.
'22 M240i BSM, Shadowline, Black 791M wheels, Red Calipers, ///M Carbon Front Lip, ///M Carbon Spoiler, ///MCarbon Door Sills, Milltek Catback w/Black Tips, Dinan Carbon Intake/Engine Cover, AA Catted DP, Dalher Valve Controller, OEM+ Strut Bar, Red Start/Stop, Floating center caps, TLG Mud Flaps, Black Badges, Led Projectors, 50th Emblems, Carbon Diffuser/Mirrors w/smoke signals/Side Wings/Cooling Shroud/KIES fire extinguisher, Yellow DRL
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2023, 07:17 PM   #7
bmwman4life11
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 s1000rr/ 2022 M240i

Quote:
I hit the check for updates all the time and it never finds them. My x3 does it no problem it's a 2023 that's had like 4 updates in the past year. My m240i I picked up in Nov 21 is still on original firmware, no m240 on the dash

In some of the older post people had said if you never got the first one from like nov-21 you'll never get them.
My car had the same exact issue( picked up my car 11/21). But after I had an airbag error pop-up they finally manually updated it. Since then, all OTA update have been downloaded and installed fine. The way it was explained to me is they are happy to do it for you if BMW HQ signs off on the work order and pays them, but they have zero interest in taking up a bay and doing the update on their own. I don't agree with them on that, but it made more sense once they walked me through it. You gotta bring it in for an "error" that HQ will give them the ok for to do it.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2023, 07:30 PM   #8
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So I really need to open the TSARA Case huh
Want to get it updated before the warranty is up
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 12:18 AM   #9
ZacMatic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i xDrive

One way to get software updated is to bring it in for a trivial problem. Maybe the voice command for changing the ambient light to a specific color doesn't work. As long as it's something that's easily reproducible.... They'll check to see if there's a software update and install the update hoping that it fixes your problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 06:05 AM   #10
bmwloverm2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacMatic View Post
One way to get software updated is to bring it in for a trivial problem. Maybe the voice command for changing the ambient light to a specific color doesn't work. As long as it's something that's easily reproducible.... They'll check to see if there's a software update and install the update hoping that it fixes your problem.
Good approach, makes sense you tell them something that clearly looks like software thing and not easily reproducible...boom... they update the software XD Especially if you look at the new features that have been brought in latests updates so that they check there is something in the new firmwares related to that "issue". hehe.

BTW, I've been testing 03/2023 version for couple of days and nothing bad or good that i have noticed, sure they solved many things but they are not evident to us.
Appreciate 0