BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

09-08-2023, 08:57 PM   #1
Tie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG C43, Jag F-Pace SVR

Remote Software Update - won't go to car

So my MyBMW app alerted me that there is a remote Software Update available.

I have a 2023 G83, so id 7.

I was able to download the update to the phone, but I can't get it to the car. I have deleted and removed my phone multiple times, I have a Samsung Fold 3 (Android). It is connected by wifi, blue tooth, and Android auto.

What am I missing to get the update transferred to the car?

Thanks,

Steve
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 09:54 PM   #2
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tie View Post
So my MyBMW app alerted me that there is a remote Software Update available.

I have a 2023 G83, so id 7.

I was able to download the update to the phone, but I can't get it to the car. I have deleted and removed my phone multiple times, I have a Samsung Fold 3 (Android). It is connected by wifi, blue tooth, and Android auto.

What am I missing to get the update transferred to the car?

Thanks,

Steve
I believe you need to have it *not* connected to Android Auto for the update to transfer. It needs to be connected via bluetooth to iDrive directly.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 04:01 AM   #3
AKSteve
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition Convertible

I've had this same issue for months. The app tells me I need to "connect" my iPhone to my car. And then right underneath that it shows my current connection status and it shows that I'm already fully connected. But the update never transfers over. In fact, the app just sent me a message yesterday saying the update would be cancelled soon if I don't complete it. I have no idea what the deal is. My 760 updates just fine, but my M4 won't.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 10:14 AM   #4
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i xdrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
Hey,

Interesting. When I was thinking about notification that the firmware/update is downloaded I never thought its only on my phone. I always believed its already on my car also. This is why you may need Wifi to do download but when you have it downloaded i did update car while being at the car wash😅 with the phone outside of the car.

Did you check from “inside your car” firmware status and did you try push the update? (No phone use)

Also if you cannot find it, go and look right corner of your ID where you may have flag with notifications and there you should have a message about firmware update being ready to install.

Btw: did it on the car wash but … it took 20min 😂😂 when I blocked the spot 🫣
Appreciate 0