BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications

09-22-2023, 09:13 AM   #1
Tuxon_Speed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 COMP XDRIVE

Garage List
G87 Full Valvetronic Exhaust

So a few months back I installed a single sided mid pipe on the car from a company named valvemaster.

The install was going okay until I started the car and checked for exhaust leaks. Sure enough almost every clamp was leaking quite a bit.

I pulled the exhaust back off and used some RTV to hopefully seal the leaks because the clamps that were supplied were as tight as they could go.

I knew this was a temporary solution because it was likely that they would start leaking again, which they did.

So I was on the hunt for a new exhaust.

However, I didn’t really want to change the factory back box because I’ve heard that doing so can cause drone. Which I definitely didn’t want.

After talking with Valvetronic they assured me that their full exhaust would not cause any drone and that their clamps were better and I wouldn’t have to use RTV.

After taking off the the valvemaster midpipe I could definitely see where it was mainly leaking from (you can see this in the video)

The new exhaust went on super easy and the clamps are definitely higher quality.

Overall I’m very happy with the new Valvetronic system. It sounds great and I can still make it quiet when I want it to be. It’s definitely a more deep throaty sounds, which is definitely what I wanted.

Important to note that I’m also running catless downpipes on a stage 2 OTS tune. That definitely impacts the sound.

Here is the video for you to check out how it sounds and the quality.

https://youtu.be/w53tUPlK5dE

As always, appreciate everyone that decides to watch and follow the build!

I will try to upload some additional sound clips in this thread.
Appreciate 1
Baller145.50
      09-22-2023, 09:26 AM   #2
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxon_Speed View Post
So a few months back I installed a single sided mid pipe on the car from a company named valvemaster.

The install was going okay until I started the car and checked for exhaust leaks. Sure enough almost every clamp was leaking quite a bit.

I pulled the exhaust back off and used some RTV to hopefully seal the leaks because the clamps that were supplied were as tight as they could go.

I knew this was a temporary solution because it was likely that they would start leaking again, which they did.

So I was on the hunt for a new exhaust.

However, I didn’t really want to change the factory back box because I’ve heard that doing so can cause drone. Which I definitely didn’t want.

After talking with Valvetronic they assured me that their full exhaust would not cause any drone and that their clamps were better and I wouldn’t have to use RTV.

After taking off the the valvemaster midpipe I could definitely see where it was mainly leaking from (you can see this in the video)

The new exhaust went on super easy and the clamps are definitely higher quality.

Overall I’m very happy with the new Valvetronic system. It sounds great and I can still make it quiet when I want it to be. It’s definitely a more deep throaty sounds, which is definitely what I wanted.

Important to note that I’m also running catless downpipes on a stage 2 OTS tune. That definitely impacts the sound.

Here is the video for you to check out how it sounds and the quality.

https://youtu.be/w53tUPlK5dE

As always, appreciate everyone that decides to watch and follow the build!

I will try to upload some additional sound clips in this thread.

My Valvetronic valved sport exhaust system was installed on Tuesday. Very happy with it.

Will be installing Evolution Racewerks high flow catted downpipes (and intake, excanger, charge pipes and DME tune) after break-in is complete.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 09:28 AM   #3
Tuxon_Speed
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
My Valvetronic valved sport exhaust system was installed on Tuesday. Very happy with it.

Will be installing Evolution Racewerks high flow catted downpipes (and intake, excanger, charge pipes and DME tune) after break-in is complete.
Man! Once you flash that stage 2 you will have a completely different car! It’s awesome.

Are you going MHD or BM3?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 10:06 AM   #4
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxon_Speed View Post
Man! Once you flash that stage 2 you will have a completely different car! It’s awesome.

Are you going MHD or BM3?

Tune will be done by DME out of Texas.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2023, 10:48 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for the review

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2023, 10:49 AM   #6
Tuxon_Speed
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Thank you for the review
You’re welcome!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 11:11 AM   #7
ZPD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i GC, 2023 G87

Can the remote be programmed to the homelink so you can use one of your garage door opener buttons to open the valves?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 11:13 AM   #8
Tuxon_Speed
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPD View Post
Can the remote be programmed to the homelink so you can use one of your garage door opener buttons to open the valves?
That would be awesome! 😂😂
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 11:15 AM   #9
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Yes, it can be programmed to the "buttons" on the rear view mirror but I believe you need to use both buttons, one to open and one to close.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 11:33 AM   #10
ZPD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i GC, 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Yes, it can be programmed to the "buttons" on the rear view mirror but I believe you need to use both buttons, one to open and one to close.
Thanks- 2nd question
Does the system default to close or to whatever was the last setting when you start your car?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 11:51 AM   #11
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks- 2nd question
Does the system default to close or to whatever was the last setting when you start your car?

Defaults to the setting it was at when you turned the car off. Even without the downpipe, sounds great.
Appreciate 1
ZPD439.00