bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-07-2023, 03:00 PM   #1
JCarrese74
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

XHP

Anybody in the port saint Lucie, Stuart or West Palm Beach area who has the OBD2 tool Want to help me put an XHP tune in my car
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 07:42 PM   #2
ILikeBimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: (G42) m240ix

Garage List
Not in this area but I flashed xHP to my '23 M240ix using the MHD universal flasher. It's pretty idiot proof as long as you don't turn off the car half-way through the flash by either opening the door, running out of battery, or hitting the power off button to turn off the car/exit diagnostic mode. Making sure your battery is hooked up to a wall charger is good practice, but probably unecessary. xHP will will not let you flash if it detects low voltage.

You will also want to prevent your flash being interrupted half way through with a phone call or low phone battery. This is easily protected against by turning on airplane mode and then turning on your WiFi. Make sure you turn off your in-BMW iDrive provided Car WiFi as the MyBMW phone app likes to agressively switch off the current internet you are on and force it onto the BMW WiFi network which could interrupt your flash.

The first flash is always the longest and can take from 5-10 minutes depending on your adapter. Subsequent flashes should complete in under 30 seconds.

My advice would be to purchase an adapter yourself. You will still need to buy an xHP license for your car which is the most expensive part of this process. It's best if you can fine tune the settings yourself. Flashing straight to Stage 3, for example, may leave your car lurchy and uncomfortable to drive if not configured correctly and will take you about a week or so to fully flesh out the shifting dynamics as driving with different agressiveness and inputs causes the transmission to reacts in different ways. Another issue is that certain BMW iDrive updates have the possibility of resetting your TCU forcing you to need to reflash the TCU with xHP again.

Finally there are a lot of helpful people here than can assist you through this process .

Last edited by ILikeBimmers; 10-07-2023 at 07:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2023, 03:46 PM   #3
JCarrese74
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

How do you get into the settings to adjust everything
Appreciate 0