BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

10-24-2023, 02:50 PM   #1
islandfalconer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Mud Flaps

Hey gang

Need some suggestions for mudflaps, used search but it’s all over the place.

Tried to order from Kies But that’s a total bust,
Tried since last week, first can’t place order to Canada, than get in touch, spend all day back and forth, and still can’t pay for them. No phone number to speak to a human.

So on to something else, I have no time for lack of customer service.

Carbon,
Rubber
Plastic

What’s my options folks?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 08:28 PM   #2
dub_nasty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F97, G87, G20 M340ix

Can you just order them from TLG directly?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 09:09 PM   #3
islandfalconer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub_nasty View Post
Can you just order them from TLG directly?
Nope, they sell through Kris and after trying to deal with this since last week I’m moving on. I don’t have the patience to deal with companies that just make it difficult for no reason.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 11:03 PM   #4
TorontoRedCoastie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW G87 M2

I was able to just dm TLG via instagram and got mine. Love them to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 11:27 PM   #5
nype
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i / BMW X5 35d

You might consider these :

https://automotivepassion.net/produc...2-series/m240/
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2023, 01:46 AM   #6
islandfalconer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoRedCoastie View Post
I was able to just dm TLG via instagram and got mine. Love them to be honest.
Honestly I think they look great, but I’m not going to beg to buy something. I have sent a DM on FB but nothing has come of it
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 02:24 PM   #7
Cj1
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2, 2023 Lexus IS 500

My wife went on Kies Motorsports website and ordered a set TLG front and rear. Ordered on the 17th of Oct., got them today.

Easy install, took her less than 5 minutes a wheel, the holes they have in the guards for the front are a little tight, the plastic rivets they give you as replacements for the ones you pop out aren't as robust, but work. You will have to use 2 self tappers ( one on each side of fronts) to secure rock guard to plastic wheel liner. We got shorted hardware for 1 side of the rear set, but the hardware you remove for the rear can be reused. In my opinion, ZL1 Add-ons (deluxe set) are much better quality. Unfortunately, they don't make them for BMW. These TLG rock guards are way over priced for thin 'starboard' (IMP plastic) that is cut out of sheets via a CAD machine. But hey, at least my car has some protection against stone chips.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cj1; 10-30-2023 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2023, 03:00 PM   #8
islandfalconer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj1 View Post
My wife went on Kies Motorsports website and ordered a set TLG front and rear. Ordered on the 17th of Oct., got them today.

Easy install, took her less than 5 minutes a wheel, the holes they have in the guards for the front are a little tight, the plastic rivets they give you as replacements for the ones you pop out aren't as robust, but work. You will have to use 2 self tappers ( one on each side of fronts) to secure rock guard to plastic wheel liner. We got shorted hardware for 1 side of the rear set, but the hardware you remove for the rear can be reused. In my opinion, ZL1 Add-ons (deluxe set) are much better quality. Unfortunately, they don't make them for BMW. These TLG rock guards are way over priced for thin 'starboard' (IMP plastic) that is cut out of sheets via a CAD machine. But hey, at least my car has some protection against stone chips.
That would be great but because I’m in Canada you can’t just go to the website and order. I tried repeatedly but their invoice would not let me process a payment. After 3 days of back and forth with Keis unwilling to accept that their PayPal wouldn’t let me pay the invoice I moved on. I’m looking for someone other than Keis/TLG because I have no more time to deal with a company that has ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. Plain and simple
Appreciate 1
aerobod3625.50
      10-30-2023, 03:20 PM   #9
Cj1
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2, 2023 Lexus IS 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfalconer View Post
That would be great but because I’m in Canada you can’t just go to the website and order. I tried repeatedly but their invoice would not let me process a payment. After 3 days of back and forth with Keis unwilling to accept that their PayPal wouldn’t let me pay the invoice I moved on. I’m looking for someone other than Keis/TLG because I have no more time to deal with a company that has ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. Plain and simple

A solution if someone was willing or if you had patience would be to ask a friend, family member, or someone on the forum to order them for you or have them drop shipped to a US address and then forwarded to you in Canada. It's a bit of a hassle, but as long as you don't make a mountain out of a molehill, you'd be ok.

I put a call into Kies Motorsports just now to see if there is anything that can be done to help out a fellow forum member in Canada. They were closed, left a message. I have spoke with them before, so I will try tomorrow when they are open. Maybe they have a way to help in shipping that is not offered on their website. Hopefully they see/understand that they have an opportunity to look good on the forum that supports BMW enthusiasts, owners, and their vehicles.

Last edited by Cj1; 10-30-2023 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
nype139.50
      10-30-2023, 05:18 PM   #10
islandfalconer
Private
Rep

Quote:

A solution if someone was willing or if you had patience would be to ask a friend, family member, or someone on the forum to order them for you or have them drop shipped to a US address and then forwarded to you in Canada. It's a bit of a hassle, but as long as you don't make a mountain out of a molehill, you'd be ok.

I put a call into Kies Motorsports just now to see if there is anything that can be done to help out a fellow forum member in Canada. They were closed, left a message. I have spoke with them before, so I will try tomorrow when they are open. Maybe they have a way to help in shipping that is not offered on their website. Hopefully they see/understand that they have an opportunity to look good on the forum that supports BMW enthusiasts, owners, and their vehicles.
Oh I spoke with the multiple times. I have a dozen emails between myself and them. They “Don’t Understand Why it won’t work” and that’s it. They didn’t want to do anything more to look in to the solution. So I moved on.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 05:30 PM   #11
islandfalconer
Private
Rep

Quote:

Last message attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 10:03 PM   #12
nype
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Oh I spoke with the multiple times. I have a dozen emails between myself and them. They “Don’t Understand Why it won’t work” and that’s it. They didn’t want to do anything more to look in to the solution. So I moved on.
Nice of him to give them a call on your behalf though
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 10:04 PM   #13
nype
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nype View Post
Thoughts on these OP?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 11:14 PM   #14
islandfalconer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thoughts on these OP?
This is at the top of my list right now, along with the Mishimoto ones as well
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 11:16 PM   #15
islandfalconer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Nice of him to give them a call on your behalf though
Certainly is, It just shouldn’t need to be that way. I asked for them to call me and they didn’t. So I’m just not really going to commit to a company that doesn’t really seem interested in helping.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 12:29 AM   #16
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Certainly is, It just shouldn’t need to be that way. I asked for them to call me and they didn’t. So I’m just not really going to commit to a company that doesn’t really seem interested in helping.
Although there are exceptions, I find the average US auto parts suppliers don’t have a very good idea on how to ship and handle taxes and documentation for shipping outside of the US. I have found UK and European suppliers in general are much better to deal with, often with lower shipping charges due to better shipper selection and documentation completion and can be faster to Canada, too.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 02:34 PM   #17
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G87

I would get the AutomotivePassion carbon ones. Have them on my car.

The TLG ones look like cheap shitty plastic and are too big.

As a side note, does anyone know the part # for the plastic rivets that go in the fender liners? I broke one of the replacements and tried like 10 different sizes, none fit.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 09:56 PM   #18
TheDrivenGarage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82, BMW M2 G87 (Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouchh View Post

As a side note, does anyone know the part # for the plastic rivets that go in the fender liners? I broke one of the replacements and tried like 10 different sizes, none fit.
Whew did you order? I didn’t see the G87 listed on their website?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 07:24 AM   #19
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage View Post
Whew did you order? I didn’t see the G87 listed on their website?
https://automotivepassion.net/?produ...uards-mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 07:30 AM   #20
islandfalconer
Private
Rep

Quote:

I ordered the Mishimot ones, I’ll see how they fit when they arrive. I’ve got 2 dozen of the rivets, but have to get the part number. I’ll get back to you on that.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 07:36 AM   #21
islandfalconer
Private
Rep

Quote:

Part Number

51755A383B7
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 12:01 PM   #22
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Part Number

51755A383B7
Thanks, just had AutomotivePassion confirm this is correct as well. Some of the pics online were conflicting.
Appreciate 0