home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications

01-11-2024, 09:54 PM   #1
CadolinaRipr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Thoughts or experience with ARM intake for G87 M2

Anyone have any experience or thoughts running this intake from ARM? mike@x-ph.com maybe?

https://x-ph.com/arm-motorsports-s58-intake-g80-m3-g82-g83-m4-g87-m2/?sku=S58INT

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 12:21 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

We sold a few of these intakes, no complaints

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 01:40 PM   #3
CadolinaRipr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
We sold a few of these intakes, no complaints
Thanks Mike. Wish I could find a review or two from anyone that runs these on a S58.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 06:30 PM   #4
DriftinG Z32
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 and Madza RX7

I purchased the ARM kit a few months ago at a discounted price that was too good to refuse. My thought was that if I didn't like it, the cost was next to nothing and could be easily replaced with an aftermarket CAI. Shipping was fairly quick around Thanksgiving and the kit arrived undamaged. All of the kit's contents were well packed and protected, but no instructions were included.

With that being said, it's a very short dual silicone ram type kit made overseas as best I can tell. Decently made in my opinion and no real complaints, but it's rather straight forward and mundane in appearance. If you're into bling this intake is not for you. The tubes and filters are all routed towards the passenger side and leave a rather large, voided space on the driver's side of the engine bay.

The install is about as straight forward as you can get and takes less than an hour to install with several hand tools (3/8" ratchet and torque wrench, two sockets, and a flathead screwdriver). All of the intake pieces fit together as advertised. The filters do look and feel a little on the cheap end. But you get what you pay for. I might replace the kit's filters with K&N or BMC cone filters.

Performance wise, I wasn't expecting much in terms of HP as it's just an intake and not a true CAI. However, I expected a massive increase in induction/turbo audible noise. In that department the ARMS intake kit delivers. It's very loud and IMHO enhances the driving experience of a rather quiet factory performance car. That is also the ARM intake kit's best attribute.

Sorry for the long-winded response but hopefully it helps you make a decision.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2024, 06:38 PM   #5
CadolinaRipr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftinG Z32 View Post
I purchased the ARM kit a few months ago at a discounted price that was too good to refuse. My thought was that if I didn't like it, the cost was next to nothing and could be easily replaced with an aftermarket CAI. Shipping was fairly quick around Thanksgiving and the kit arrived undamaged. All of the kit's contents were well packed and protected, but no instructions were included.

With that being said, it's a very short dual silicone ram type kit made overseas as best I can tell. Decently made in my opinion and no real complaints, but it's rather straight forward and mundane in appearance. If you're into bling this intake is not for you. The tubes and filters are all routed towards the passenger side and leave a rather large, voided space on the driver's side of the engine bay.

The install is about as straight forward as you can get and takes less than an hour to install with several hand tools (3/8" ratchet and torque wrench, two sockets, and a flathead screwdriver). All of the intake pieces fit together as advertised. The filters do look and feel a little on the cheap end. But you get what you pay for. I might replace the kit's filters with K&N or BMC cone filters.

Performance wise, I wasn't expecting much in terms of HP as it's just an intake and not a true CAI. However, I expected a massive increase in induction/turbo audible noise. In that department the ARMS intake kit delivers. It's very loud and IMHO enhances the driving experience of a rather quiet factory performance car. That is also the ARM intake kit's best attribute.

Sorry [...]
Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 12:06 PM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadolinaRipr View Post
Thanks Mike. Wish I could find a review or two from anyone that runs these on a S58.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftinG Z32 View Post

Sorry for the long-winded response but hopefully it helps you make a decision.
Here you go, this review is as honest and fair as you can get

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1