bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

06-04-2024, 04:23 PM   #1
Gohan
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 - LMX

Audi R8 owner here -- need your help -- Europe

I have a question if anyone of you have experience. My car unfortunately got scratched on a parking lot and I will replace parts with new (left side rear quarter panel, and back bumper). But I most likely cannot get my color (Daytona Gray Matte) so I will probably get unpainted parts and then have someone to paint it to my color, but I need someone that can do the best job possible.

It is very important to me and its a special car, V10 LMX.

Does anyone have good suggestions about some body shop that excels with matte painting, in BMW world, Frozen type of paint.

Best regards and thank you guys if you can help me out.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2024, 10:03 AM   #2
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Can't help you unfortunately but mine is Daytona Gray Pearl, so we're basically cousins. Good luck!
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66729.00
      06-06-2024, 01:43 PM   #3
Gohan
Registered
Rep

Thank you, still exploring options, we will see. Hopefully i find some place where they can fix the paint as it was before the accident.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2024, 05:08 PM   #4
bmw 66
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Currently an Audi

Garage List
2017 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
Your best bet is to ask the Audi importer in Croatia (or neighboring countries), which is their best repair shop for matte paint on an R8. [tip: don't tell them exactly where you live so they can't go "closest is best"]

Then go there and ask to see work they did on matching a matte color (if possible - they might not have anything - but ask pictures in that case).

Then ask them to match and paint a sample card in your color and compare it to your car in different light conditions before you let them run with your car.
  • Why get an Audi approved body shop: they have access to Audi's instructions on how to get the best result for your car with how your specific paint was put on it originally.
  • Why have them prove their ability ... you can't know if you got a good reference.
  • Why have them paint and match a sample first before you let them have a go on the car: to be sure. You might get a charge for it, but better be safe than sorry.

FWIW: Replacement body parts never come painted.
Appreciate 2
      08-08-2024, 04:54 PM   #5
Gohan
Registered
Rep

Thank you a lot. Will try that route too.

Best regards!
Appreciate 1
Sat Pat121.50