bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

06-13-2024, 09:51 PM   #1
TheMocc
Anchorman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 X5 Xdrive40i

Ceramic Coating - Gyeon One EVO

I applied Gyeon one Evo coating yesterday. Was always planning to add ceramic but the weather hasnt been cooperating since picking up at the dealership. One step paint correction- honestly not even sure I needed to based on my views under lights but might as well do it right.

Used Gyeon Prep prior to application. Really takes any grease and fingerprints off and helps the cermaic coating bond to the paint.

Have to admit this is the perfect coat for outdoor application or if you dont have a nice indoor setup like all the youtubers. Coat applies super smooth and forgiving as far as high spots and is very easy to wipe off. Very quick to bond and flash so definitely be ready to wipe off quickly. Car had a nice gloss afterwards and I topped it with Gyeon Cure 1 hour after the entire vehicle was finished. Believe it or not the Cure is what really gave it slickness and definitely a deeper gloss. Even on my mineral white exterior!

Will keep track of the durability as time goes on and post updates. Packaging promises up to 24 months protection. I guess we’ll see
Any others used this product before? What were your your experiences?
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      06-14-2024, 10:16 AM   #2
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3 6spd & 2011 M3 DCT

You gotta wait like a week to see the full depth of gloss with Gyeon evo products ime. Pure evo didn't wow me as much as I wanted my first time, but then almost a week later, it looked incredible. You also have a white car, so it might not be as drastic. Looking good!

I really viewed One as being a 1 year. My Pure evo is starting to breakdown at 13 months, but when I applied it, I had only prepped the surface with alcohol, and I think I could have done better witha true panel wipe product.

There's not much cost difference between One evo and Pure evo, and Pure has more sio2, and you can see the diffference supposedly, so I would suggest for next time, or for others, to just go straight to Pure evo.

For a white car or for when you care most about chemical resistance/durability/water behavior, Mohs is supposedly one of the best products right now. I just love the deep glassy look of Pure.

Last edited by TboneS54; 06-14-2024 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
      06-14-2024, 10:29 AM   #3
TheMocc
Anchorman
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=TboneS54;31231922]You gotta wait like a week to see the full depth of gloss with Gyeon evo products ime. Pure evo didn't wow me as much as I wanted my first time, but then almost a week later, it looked incredible. You also have a white car, so it might not be as drastic. Looking good!

Appreciate your response! Yes I always keep in mind the “limitations” I have with White. Although I’m already happy!
I’ll keep an eye in it. How long did you wait to wash? Even with PH neutral soap? I’m curious. Instructions say to wait a week with a harsh soap. But I use neutral as maintenance anyway and was wondering if that matters.

Appreciate you!
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2024, 11:13 AM   #4
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep

I waited a while, like 2 weeks - the car was garaged and I have other cars. I did not apply cure. I didn't purchase and use Cure until months later, just as a drying aid after wash (I actually would dilute it).

I use Carpro reset for soap. I keep reading that people think Reset is strong, but as long as it's pH is failry neutral, it's not going to hurt the coating. Nor will iron/fallout removers.

My other fault with my Pure coating was being too heavy handed with my washes. I'm used to scrubbing harder, but with a coating, stuff doesn't stick as much, and I can use less pressure which will result in fewer fine scratches. I do take precautions, but am still learning.
      06-14-2024, 07:25 PM   #5
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneS54 View Post
"...scrubbing..."
      06-19-2024, 05:42 PM   #6
TheMocc
Anchorman
United_States
Rep

1 week Update since applying gyeon ceramic coating.
Car was rained on multiple times and pollen is still ridiculous here. It was killing me looking at a dusty X5, so Finally did something about it. Put some Koch Chemie GSF gentle snow foam in the cannon and foamed up! It was the perfect morning with shade and a breeze.

Can confirm the foam lifted the surface particles and the coating did its job (so far). Rinse literally washed away everything with excellent water beading. No need for contact wash. The leaf blower made quick work of the water droplets from there. Great hydrophobic properties

Oddly, I wasn’t impressed with the slickness after drying though. While the surface was definitely smooth and free of any surface specks to touch - it just didnt feel slick or have that glass glide feel to it which I was hoping for.

Applied gyeon ceramic detailer and wow there was the slickness! Drop a brand new microfiber towel on the hood with no force and it will slide right off. So satisfying

Dont worry- not doing weekly updates. Just wanted to share my findings. Enjoy Summer !
Appreciate 1
Seedster2365.00
      06-20-2024, 08:54 PM   #7
pritchd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
I applied the Gyeon One to my wife's Honda CRV about 3 weeks ago. Very easy to apply and looks great. My X3 is 2 years into the Gyeon Synchro coating 5 yr life, and is still going strong.
      06-28-2024, 11:15 AM   #8
MADBMWX5MC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

OP, if you have some time, post some pics to see how it looks now that it has been a few weeks. Pic you posted looks great, BTW
Appreciate 1
TheMocc57.00
      06-28-2024, 09:21 PM   #9
TheMocc
Anchorman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBMWX5MC View Post
OP, if you have some time, post some pics to see how it looks now that it has been a few weeks. Pic you posted looks great, BTW
Thanks bud! I’ve not gone overboard with washing and thus far I can note the following pros and cons-

Pros
Very good hydrophobic properties
Glossy
Easy dirt removal
Less need for contact wash
Leaf blower for drying with stubby nose attachment is fantastic!

Cons
Not the slickness I was hoping for. However quick hit with ceramic detailer does wonders! And lasts

Some very recent pics including one to show water beading.
For a DIY ceramic option with outdoor application - I’m very pleased
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
s_ribs90.00
      06-29-2024, 04:28 AM   #10
MADBMWX5MC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Still looking great! Thx for the update
Appreciate 1
TheMocc57.00
      07-03-2024, 07:28 PM   #11
Game
------
Rep
Drives: G80 LCI, G87 (sold)

I used Gyeon Mohs on my previous G87. Absolutely loved the beading action and slickness. I plan on going the same route on the next one.

Point is, Gyeon makes great products.
      07-04-2024, 09:35 AM   #12
TheMocc
Anchorman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I used Gyeon Mohs on my previous G87. Absolutely loved the beading action and slickness. I plan on going the same route on the next one.

Point is, Gyeon makes great products.
Awesome to hear!

How was the application process for you with MOHS?

This was my first attempt at true ceramic DIY. Only applied spray-on ceramics in the past. Went with Gyeon One because of the forgiving application which did go very well I think.
Agree they continue to put out great products in general.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2024, 12:33 PM   #13
Game
------
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMocc View Post
Awesome to hear!

How was the application process for you with MOHS?

This was my first attempt at true ceramic DIY. Only applied spray-on ceramics in the past. Went with Gyeon One because of the forgiving application which did go very well I think.
Agree they continue to put out great products in general.
This was my second attempt at coating as I did wheels first. I used CarPro’s DLux and found it much more difficult to work with as their wipe off indicator was a rainbow streak which wasn’t easy to spot.

Mohs was simple. First you apply and within 30 seconds you’ll see the coating begin to bead (Gyeon likes to call this “sweating”) and that’s when you wipe. With my Brooklyn grey car it was tougher at times to see the beading in certain lighting angles but knowing it needed just a few seconds I knew I was fine. For that reason I prefer the quick wipe off coatings.

The beading action was incredible. I’ve never seen anything like it. Then you add the enhanced gloss and insane slickness and it’s an amazing product on top of being easy to use. Honestly excited to do it again but Pure is definitely itching my curiousity.
      07-08-2024, 03:33 PM   #14
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
This was my second attempt at coating as I did wheels first. I used CarPro’s DLux and found it much more difficult to work with as their wipe off indicator was a rainbow streak which wasn’t easy to spot.

Mohs was simple. First you apply and within 30 seconds you’ll see the coating begin to bead (Gyeon likes to call this “sweating”) and that’s when you wipe. With my Brooklyn grey car it was tougher at times to see the beading in certain lighting angles but knowing it needed just a few seconds I knew I was fine. For that reason I prefer the quick wipe off coatings.

The beading action was incredible. I’ve never seen anything like it. Then you add the enhanced gloss and insane slickness and it’s an amazing product on top of being easy to use. Honestly excited to do it again but Pure is definitely itching my curiousity.
I keep hearing good things about Mohs, and want to use it, but I just keep going back to Pure, it's so glassy.
      07-08-2024, 07:14 PM   #15
Game
------
Rep

Quote:
I keep hearing good things about Mohs, and want to use it, but I just keep going back to Pure, it's so glassy.
What color is your car? I feel like lighter colors where gloss isn’t as deep, MOHS is the better choice. My G80 will be Brooklyn so I’ll most likely be going MOHS again.
      07-09-2024, 01:59 PM   #16
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Jerez black, so pure looks insane. My x7 is that dravit grey that's not very light, but I could try Mohs there.
      07-09-2024, 07:04 PM   #17
Game
------
Rep

Quote:
Jerez black, so pure looks insane. My x7 is that dravit grey that's not very light, but I could try Mohs there.
The more I research the more I want to try Pure. The longer cure time actually seems easier since you can complete whole panels at a time…with Mohs it’s a ton of stopping for wiping and re-applying.

Only thing with Pure is I hear it’s not very slick which I do enjoy. Perhaps a topper can fix that.

Dravit would look great with either but would really pop with Pure.
      07-10-2024, 01:30 PM   #18
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Application of pure is great. You can do an entire panel or you can even do about half the car before wiping off, depending on conditions.

The slickness thing just doesn't bother me - esp since I don't touch the car. I just want the look. I'm sure you can top it - isn't that what synchro was for? Or top it with cure or something like beadmaker though that might mess with the coating's properties.
TheMocc57.00
Game7972.00
      07-10-2024, 01:50 PM   #19
TheMocc
Anchorman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Application of pure is great. You can do an entire panel or you can even do about half the car before wiping off, depending on conditions.

The slickness thing just doesn't bother me - esp since I don't touch the car. I just want the look. I'm sure you can top it - isn't that what synchro was for? Or top it with cure or something like beadmaker though that might mess with the coating's properties.
Have to agree. Lack Slickness did bother me at first because back when wax was the thing. It was a cool feeling to drop a fresh microfiber towel on the hood afterwards and watch it slide right off without any momentum (LOL).

But when I applied cure on top of the coating- that was all the slickness I needed. Been great ever since. Quick detailer topper whenever and good to go.
Appreciate 1
TboneS541153.50
      07-15-2024, 07:50 PM   #20
Accucon4202
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 (G01) X3 M40i

Garage List
2025 M340ix  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMocc View Post
Thanks bud! I’ve not gone overboard with washing and thus far I can note the following pros and cons-

Pros
Very good hydrophobic properties
Glossy
Easy dirt removal
Less need for contact wash
Leaf blower for drying with stubby nose attachment is fantastic!

Cons
Not the slickness I was hoping for. However quick hit with ceramic detailer does wonders! And lasts

Some very recent pics including one to show water beading.
For a DIY ceramic option with outdoor application - I’m very pleased
Looks great!
Appreciate 1
TheMocc57.00
      07-29-2024, 01:13 PM   #21
Game
------
Rep

Quote:

Might have to go ahead and give Pure a shot on the new car.