BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls

06-25-2024, 08:29 PM   #1
TorontoRedCoastie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW G87 M2

Have had my vehicle since September of 2023 - 5,400 miles on her thus far.

Received an error while driving this morning: front right malfunction when I go to energize the right turn signal.

After investigating, it’s the front right turn signal that fails to energize. Side mirror and rear turn signals work without issue. Additionally, the speed of the flash is increased once energized.

Service rep is ordering an entirely new headlight unit due by Friday.

One modification I made (Oct of 2023, $300) was installing the Motorsport+ CSL Yellow DRL Modules from IND Distribution. Running lights still work fine. I asked for the old unit and they said no, they have to send it in to BMW NA for further investigation.

I probably should have replaced them back to the original factory modules but did not realize they were going to be replacing the entire headlight unit. Historically, in other cars when this happened it was usually a short or breaker that just needed to be replaced.

I’m afraid now the car will have one white and one yellow DRL upon repair 😂.

I can’t see how the yellow DRL would impact the turn signal malfunctioning? Would IND will provide one module if I asked?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2024, 04:55 PM   #2
Ehloo
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

i just installed some yellow drl but from Aliexpress.

right away i got the right side malfunction error. i thought i maybe did something with the install but it appears a common issue with these yellow drl. I thought i was my Aliexpress ones but looks like the high quality ones experience the same issue.

sucks cause they look good

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoRedCoastie View Post
Have had my vehicle since September of 2023 - 5,400 miles on her thus far.

Received an error while driving this morning: front right malfunction when I go to energize the right turn signal.

After investigating, it’s the front right turn signal that fails to energize. Side mirror and rear turn signals work without issue. Additionally, the speed of the flash is increased once energized.

Service rep is ordering an entirely new headlight unit due by Friday.

One modification I made (Oct of 2023, $300) was installing the Motorsport+ CSL Yellow DRL Modules from IND Distribution. Running lights still work fine. I asked for the old unit and they said no, they have to send it in to BMW NA for further investigation.

I probably should have replaced them back to the original factory modules but did not realize they were going to be replacing the entire headlight unit. Historically, in other cars when this happened it was usually a short or breaker that just needed to be replaced.

I’m afraid now the car will have one white and one yellow DRL upon repair 😂.

I can’t see how the yellow DRL would impact the turn signal malfunctioning? Would IND will provide one module if I asked?
Appreciate 0