bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

07-28-2024, 11:17 PM   #1
N0Bl1nker
Registered
Rep
Drives: e60 bmw 535i

Advice needed : BMW e60 2010 rwd 353i

Hello , i bought the car two weeks ago , and i just got the check engine light on .

The car smokes from exhaust on cold start white smoke and smell like gas and after it gets warm when i drive it stops smoking .

I check with the computer and it shows the code 29E1 DME mixture Control 2 : ECM (Engine Control Module - DME/DDE )

https://bimmers.com/blog/29e1-bmw-co...-does-it-mean/

I checked with a mechanic and he first said it must be head gasket because the coolant was low when he checked and he first doubt that the coolant was going on the engine and thats why the smoke its going out but after he ran the computer i guess he saw the same code " rich " on the o2 sensor i think and then he said it might be injector and he suggested to change the ones on first bank 3 of them for 1200 dollars.

Do u guys experienced this before and what do u suggest?
And what injector do u guys suggest to go bosch or index12 to go with ?

I just want to make sure im on the right path or what other diagnostic should i do before changing anything

pls need help thanx
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2024, 07:35 PM   #2
DELBOY9999
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 530i sports

mine comes on and stays on, if i leave the car for a week it goes out, however i can reset it but over a 30 mile journey it comes on again, i did fill the car up with cheap petrol but now i have just refilled using a hogh octane fuel, i have yet to see what the results of new fuel is going to achieve, my car is a 2005 bmw 530i M sports
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 12:02 PM   #3
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0Bl1nker View Post
Hello , i bought the car two weeks ago , and i just got the check engine light on .
Try posting your question to the proper forum, not the cosmetic/detailing section. Good luck!
https://e60.5post.com/forums/index.php
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0