bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

08-06-2024, 09:26 AM   #1
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Bilt Hamber Touch-Less - worth shipping cost?

I've seen some good reviews of this product, and I'd like to try it out, but it's only available from Obsessed Garage, and their shipping costs are completely ridiculous.

Is it really all that?

Any good, more economical, alternatives?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2024, 04:43 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Looks like OG is the US distributor. I haven't used it but found these discussions:
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...often-use.html

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/th...chless.378534/
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2024, 05:41 PM   #3
spazzz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 535xi MHD&XHP,2013 X1 35i

Carzilla sells it. A 1 liter to WI would be less than 30, so maybe the same to Texas.

I used it on my UK3/Ti02 coated car late winter as a prewash foam thing. It was applied with a iK foam pro 12. It works, I believe it got rid of a ton of winter salt, etc.,road film before a normal wash.

It is just one of those things you have to try for yourself. It needs a follow up wash to do things right. I bought it for winter when something is better than going to a touchless car wash.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2024, 02:57 PM   #4
Autoaddict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi Sportwagon, G80

I bought Bilt Hamber from Carzilla.

Regarding Touch-less, I 100% recommend it. It really does work and has helped during washing. It really pulls the dirt off the paint. Note, you will still have to do a contact wash but this helps. I can’t see washing the M3 without the pre-wash.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2024, 03:11 PM   #5
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoaddict View Post
I bought Bilt Hamber from Carzilla.

Regarding Touch-less, I 100% recommend it. It really does work and has helped during washing. It really pulls the dirt off the paint. Note, you will still have to do a contact wash but this helps. I can’t see washing the M3 without the pre-wash.
Thanks for letting me know about Carzilla. (So much for OG's claim to be the exclusive North American distributor!)

Pricing with shipping is about the same for 1L, but it's much more reasonable for 5L (same shipping cost in stead of doubling).
Appreciate 0