home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

08-26-2024, 09:26 AM   #1
Sleeper
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5M, 2024 M2, 2006 M3

MHC+ Edition 1 exterior "styling" kit - install and review

I ordered the MHC+ Edition 1 “styling kit” from mike@x-ph.com at the end of May. It comes directly from R44 Performance in the UK so assuming they have exclusive distribution rights on it. The parts are notoriously back ordered I believe, and then they were having production issues with one of the pieces, so I finally received it earlier this month.

Once received, I had the parts gloss PPF’ed, and then I applied ceramic coating to give the whole kit a chance to survive a bunch of years looking like new.

The kit includes the rear diffuser and spats, side skirts, and front lip, all in gloss 2x2 weave carbon fiber.

It’s not a cheap kit, and the price annoyed me thinking it was ///M tax added to typical aftermarket sort-of-fits carbon fiber parts. I’m used to the installs where nothing *quite* fits right, and the dremel and files are out to make things work.

But I have to say, credit where credit is due - every single piece fit absolutely perfectly. The side skirts, edge to edge, lined up bang on with the wheel wells. The shape of each piece was exactly conformed to the OEM parts being covered. The gaps along the front bumper are even and very tight. The rear diffuser was absolutely bang on for fitment - tight, clips lined up, no sags or gaps.

Typically I’d just post the finished pictures. But in this case, for those debating exterior kits as I was, I wanted to post up a quick review about how well these pieces fit and the quality - it’s still an expensive kit, but at least in this case, I definitely feel like I got what I paid for.

Side note - the INDIV CF air inlet weave matches up very well with the MHC parts.

Last comment - I solo’ed the install, and the spotless fitment definitely helped. Getting creative with painter’s tape, and some contortioning (plus a lift never hurts), I was able to get everything perfectly lined up. Having a second set of hands (not Boxer paws) would have been way easier, but definitely doable for a solo job.

New proper installed photos coming soon but in the meantime, some pictures from the install.

Appreciate 1
      08-26-2024, 10:09 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats, and thank you for waiting and then posting a review.

MHC products are pricey, but the quality and fitment are undoubtedly worth it.

its the closest you are going to get to OEM carbon quality without paying OEM price.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0