E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Have we discussed these NHTSA crash tests yet? Only 4 stars front and 5 for the side.

06-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Have we discussed these NHTSA crash tests yet? Only 4 stars front and 5 for the side.

http://www.safercar.gov/NCAP/Cars/3742.html

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
crex
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

You know the new civic got a gold medal from iihs.org but which would you rather be in during a crash.. I pick the bmw lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
smellygas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 325i (very soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
Yeah, I saw that. You would think that BMW would have improved on the E46 frontal safety, which was also only 4 stars. Oh well.

SmellyGas
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 12:25 AM   #4
e46e90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi, step, pp, cold

Best front and side crash rating

The E90 received the HIGHEST front and side crash test rating at the Insurance Highway Safety Institute (www.hwysafety.org). Effective build date February 6, 2006, the E90 got a redesigned head rest which also improved safety for whiplash. So, while the US government didn't give it the highest side rating, the insurance institute did. I'm satisfied!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 12:43 AM   #5
KUweatherman
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Civic Si

You make only four stars sound like a bad thing. After this past weekend, I have a totally different perspective on certain things involving crash ratings... Below is a copy of what I wrote on a local Kansas City message board yesterday.

My mom and sister didnt make it to a church event as planned Sunday evening. As they were passing through an intersection less than a mile from my parents house, they were struck nearly head-on by a van. The van failed to yield and turned right in front of them. My mom had nowhere to go (she doesnt remember if she even attempted to hit the brakes). Thank God for BMW's crash safety though! If it werent for them wearing their seatbelts and the airbags, my mom and my sister might not be here today. As it is, my mom and sister were taken from the accident with only minor injuries considering the car is almost without doubt totalled. My mom was the luckiest of the two; she has only minor burns on her arms from the airbags and a very sore right foot. My poor sister though has a chipped tooth, sore foot and two busted lips.

I was down in Springfield, MO when my dad called to tell me about their wreck. I got up here as fast as I could (took me exactly 2.5 hours from the south side of Springfield to Cushing Memorial Hospital in Leavenworth). I'm not afraid to admit that I was scared to death and cried quite a bit knowing they were very lucky. We take life and family for granted and before you know it they can be snatched away from us. Make sure to tell your loved ones you love them as often as possible. You dont know when the last time will be for you to say "I love you" to them.

If you get anything out of this post, just get this: Please wear your seatbelt! Not only that, but make sure your loved ones do as well. Even the best drivers can get caught in a situation like my mom's at no fault of their own. Be careful out there.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
easyman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

glad to see they are safee. Looks like there was almost no intrusion into the passenger area.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 04:38 AM   #7
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Euro NCAP gave it 5 Stars and 100% for front impact

http://www.euroncap.com/content/safe...?id1=3&id2=225