E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Overheating Engine

06-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
lvstenys
Rep
Drives: BMW 330I MONACO BL

Overheating Engine

I was driving my 330i yesterday and all of a sudden the "thermometer" symbol came up colored yellow then it turned to red. It means my engine is overheating but i was still able to drive in my house four miles where it happened. I checked my coolant level and it was dry. I didn't get any warning light saying that my coolant is low. My car is going to get towed in the dealership for them to look up. Did this problem happened to somebody already and it if did what caused to overheat the engine. The service rep sounds like its a major problem. I didnt have any problem with my x5 overheatiing or even my 94 toyota pickup.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
btc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06/330i/SB/TERA/AL

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvstenys
I was driving my 330i yesterday and all of a sudden the "thermometer" symbol came up colored yellow then it turned to red. It means my engine is overheating but i was still able to drive in my house four miles where it happened. I checked my coolant level and it was dry. I didn't get any warning light saying that my coolant is low. My car is going to get towed in the dealership for them to look up. Did this problem happened to somebody already and it if did what caused to overheat the engine. The service rep sounds like its a major problem. I didnt have any problem with my x5 overheatiing or even my 94 toyota pickup.
Sorry to hear you having problem, hope they fix it soon.
You might want to ask them to check the thermostat and water pump. Read the thread below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5021
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #3
lvstenys
Rep
Drives: BMW 330I MONACO BL

Overheating Engine

Thank you for your reply. I checked out the thread you inserted and it looked like we had the same problem except my coolant warning level didn't come up. I hope its only the water pump not any part of the engine was damaged. i'll know more tomorrow when they look at my car.
Appreciate 0