E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Car keyed :(

03-11-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
mistry
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 530D

Angry Car keyed :(

Had my car keyed yesterday, thankfully not the BMW but my second car. F**kers keyed from the back to the front getting every panel.

Last Friday I was driving down my street when I saw couple of kids kicking wing mirrors, So I stopped and told them to pack it in. (trying to do the right thing).

The thing that makes me think it's them is I see the regulalry walking down the street around 4pm and that was the time it was done, also the fact they had motive.

Very tempted to sit outside at that time and wait for them to give them a peice of my mind, but I know that won't achieve anything and may result in further problems and the BMW getting done. but at the same time I don't want it happening again.

as you can imagine i'm VERY PISSED OFF, and not sure what to do about it. is it worth calling the police?

ETA: sorry should have posted this in off topic, can a mod move it please?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
What on earth is happening on this forum at the moment??

Sorry to hear all this!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 04:53 AM   #3
Budgie
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X1 25D M sport

Garage List
sorry to hear this....as the recsession gets worst so will the woes im afraid.

The parents wont give as much money to fanny and johnny(kids) and there be getting more and more aggresive and bored so its bound to happen.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 05:00 AM   #4
Geoffo
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Something else..

That sucks !!! Defo call the police,let them sort It out..
Best thing Is not to confront these w**kers, but let the police get involved.
You can't let these f**kers get away with It..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 05:34 AM   #5
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscha! View Post
What on earth is happening on this forum at the moment??

Sorry to hear all this!
It the warmer weather and lighter evenings...

Last night we had loads of wheely bins kicked over at about 7.30pm, pikey kids in hoody's running and shouting down the street. Then they drew graffitti all over my car (and only mine) in the condensation, with their fingers.....

Including drawing a huge penis and hairy bo##ocks on the bonnet...

I had to hose it all off at 6.30 this morning!

little f##kers.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 07:34 AM   #6
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I find it really sad these idiots have nothing better to do and don't care about damaging property.

Seriously though, I think you need to find out who their parents are if you see any kids causing trouble, inform them, kids are more scared of their parents than the police, in most cases!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
mistry
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I find it really sad these idiots have nothing better to do and don't care about damaging property.

Seriously though, I think you need to find out who their parents are if you see any kids causing trouble, inform them, kids are more scared of their parents than the police, in most cases!
I think that might be a good idea, I'll also see if I can recognise the school uniform and inform the school, might be a useful to get the teachers to give them a telling off to. Wearing a uniform and behaving in that manner can't be good for the school reputation.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #8
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
sorry to hear this mate. Facking wankers... argh. You must be worried about the bimmer now. Should not have to live in fear.
      03-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
BC4J
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
Jeez, there's a proliferation of low life at the moment! Can't we get these people to do something useful, like performing hopscotch in a minefield?

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #10
mistry
Captain
Rep

OK, because I work from home and my office window looks out onto the street I see these kids coming past the house at the same time everyday.
So today I kept an eye out looking for them, and sure enough I see them but today unlike normal before they come near my car they start running and run all the way up the street. Not sure if this is guilt but I've never seen them do this before.

Anyway I jumped in my car and followed them up the street, I now know where one of them lives. I was about to knock on the door and have a word but I'm really unsure what it would achieve.

I really don't want them coming back and going at the Bimma. I'm tempted to leave it and hope it's the end of it. Any advise?

Hopscotch in a minefield sounds like the perfect solution.

Also noticed they have a couple of Big Mercs and pimped out Audi parked outside, so obviously wouldn't condone thier kid kicking wing mirrors.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #11
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
I cannot understand how ANYONE can key a car. Its such a awful thing to do. How can they physically do it. I couldnt do it no matter how much i hated someone let alone to some randomer.

Remember going clubbing a few years ago and the Miswah was driving, came out to the car at 2am and some knobber had kicked her wing mirror off.
      03-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #12
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistry View Post
Anyway I jumped in my car and followed them up the street, I now know where one of them lives. I was about to knock on the door and have a word but I'm really unsure what it would achieve.

I really don't want them coming back and going at the Bimma. I'm tempted to leave it and hope it's the end of it. Any advise?

Also noticed they have a couple of Big Mercs and pimped out Audi parked outside, so obviously wouldn't condone thier kid kicking wing mirrors.
Sorry to hear of your troubles Mistry, the trouble with a lot of this shite is that raring up about it can unfortunately escalate the problem.

Sounds like one family at least are into cars, so I'd be tempted to post a anonymous letter addressed to the Homeowner advising them of the unacceptable behaviour of one of their offspring.
If the parents have any modicum of social responsibility, hopefully the vandalism will stop.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #13
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Sorry to hear about your car Mistry. I dont think propositioning these w@nker$ would be the right path to go down.
There does seem to be a lot of bad eggs going about at the moment.

N.Ireland and S.Ireland have gotten equally as bad recently too.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
mistry
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the support guys, I'm glad I came away without knocking on the door, the last thing I want are things spiraling.

I know what you mean about damaging others property, I seriously can't understand it myself either.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

this is happening farr too often

sorry to hear your troubles mistry, i honestly dont think confronting them would do any good. The parents , well who knows, you say they have similar decent cars outside so maybe they would be sympathetic to you ?!

Have you thought about a small scale CCTV system ? We have had one installed looking over our vehicles, it records onto a HD and can record monthes at a time of constant footage. It wasnt too expensive and can easily be self installed with a little DIY knowledge and a decent degree of common sence. It gives me a lot of reasurance ! ... just an idea

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #16
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I think the parents are the answer, no parent would let their kids get away with doing things like that, though to be fair in my opinion the parents should have taught them not to behave like that in the first place.

Really doesn't matter how much money mummy and daddy has got more their attitude bringing them up, which raises the question with them behaving like that do they have parents who spend time with them??

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #17
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think the parents are the answer, no parent would let their kids get away with doing things like that, though to be fair in my opinion the parents should have taught them not to behave like that in the first place.

Really doesn't matter how much money mummy and daddy has got more their attitude bringing them up, which raises the question with them behaving like that do they have parents who spend time with them??
Im with you... Parents to blame.

I hung around with some naughty kids at school. But soon stopped because i didnt want to be associated with tossers like them.
      03-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #18
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Sorry to hear about this mistry.

Would it be worth having a word with your local coppers explaining the wing mirrors, your conversation with the scrotes and then the subsequent damage to your car. Maybe, just maybe if the police were prepared to have a word with either the little bastards and or their parents, then it may have some positive effect?

Just a thought......must be sooooooo tempting to smack the little fu*kers though.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #19
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

The old bill will do Fuck All,mate its a crap situation but deal with it!! and stop whingeing on here your a bloke and some kids have damaged your car SLAP THEM or SLAP THE OLD FELLA or live with wondering if your cars alright every night or maybe move
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #20
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Im with you... Parents to blame.

I hung around with some naughty kids at school. But soon stopped because i didnt want to be associated with tossers like them.
Exactly

True story theres a boy who lives in the next town to me, did my last two years of school with him, totally tosser at school proper no hoper, now he STILL hangs about on street corners, with 15 year olds, never had a job never been to college then he had the cheek to shout abuse at me about a year ago 'cos I drove a Porsche! He always looks like he's been beaten up but hey he's "cool"

I never cut it with the naughty kids classic cars and eccentricity never was their scene

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #21
Ragman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 - Gutless, fidgety, BOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
The old bill will do Fuck All,mate its a crap situation but deal with it!! and stop whingeing on here your a bloke and some kids have damaged your car SLAP THEM or SLAP THE OLD FELLA or live with wondering if your cars alright every night or maybe move
I'm with you on this one.

Don't get mad - get even.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #22
BMW_NP
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325

Best thing to do is confront the kids, most of them are likey to be scard of u once u let them know you aint one to be scard of.

i live in an area were we have a few what i like to call "waste kids" normall they use to hang around outside on the street, but once i turn 18 and brought an 30k Merc, i made it clear if u hang around outsde my house n theres a sracth on my car i blaming u whether it was you or not, and i let them knw i know were they live, from that day they stayed away from my house and cars and if they do go near my car i go outside n hav a few words,

Always give the impression that you are a Rich waste kid so they think u will fight back if u have to. i knw u dnt wont to be like them but if they think you just some normal guy they mess up your car just for the fun of it.
Appreciate 0