E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sqeaks

07-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
jiggax23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

Sqeaks

I've had my car for over a year now, and i've had my share of noises and nuisances that eventually got worked out or i just got used to, however, ever since i dropped my car (about 2 months ago) i've been getting this noise that sounds like its coming from my rear tires that has been bugging the living hell out of me. it seems to happen at the lower speeds, ranging anywhere from 0mph all the way up to 30mph, and the noise is very sporadic. it seems to sqeal for longer durations if im turning, and won't squeal as long if im just going straight. this has really been pissing me off, and i know if i take it to the dealer they're gonna say nothings wrong with it, as they always do. any ideas what may be causing this? anyone in the so. cal (LA) area wanna check this out for me if they got the spare time? possible aligment issue? also, any one get squeaking noises when they brake? according to the dealer, theres nothing they can do about that cuz its some kind of sensor rubbing against the rotor ? ? i'm starting to get fed up with all the little things of this car, if it didnt drive so damn well, i woulda ran it into a wall already. thanx for any input
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2006, 01:16 PM   #2
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1989 Ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggax23
I've had my car for over a year now, and i've had my share of noises and nuisances that eventually got worked out or i just got used to, however, ever since i dropped my car (about 2 months ago) i've been getting this noise that sounds like its coming from my rear tires that has been bugging the living hell out of me. it seems to happen at the lower speeds, ranging anywhere from 0mph all the way up to 30mph, and the noise is very sporadic. it seems to sqeal for longer durations if im turning, and won't squeal as long if im just going straight. this has really been pissing me off, and i know if i take it to the dealer they're gonna say nothings wrong with it, as they always do. any ideas what may be causing this? anyone in the so. cal (LA) area wanna check this out for me if they got the spare time? possible aligment issue? also, any one get squeaking noises when they brake? according to the dealer, theres nothing they can do about that cuz its some kind of sensor rubbing against the rotor ? ? i'm starting to get fed up with all the little things of this car, if it didnt drive so damn well, i woulda ran it into a wall already. thanx for any input
I have had this problem before, if you recently got a brake change, they probably did not put enough lubricant on the brakepads. Thus you get the squeaking noise from the brakes.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
jiggax23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusinvestor
I have had this problem before, if you recently got a brake change, they probably did not put enough lubricant on the brakepads. Thus you get the squeaking noise from the brakes.
hmm, interesting, ill be sure to bring that up when i take my car in for the brake problem, i never had a brake change tho, maybe it was just not lubricated enough to begin with?

any one have any idea about the former problem i mentioned? thats the one that really bugs me the most.

thanx
Appreciate 0