E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Tuning companies please read

05-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
SoCal Supreme
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
Tuning companies please read

Ok. It's understandable that the 335i is deffinently the all-time tuner's car. But seriously, there's a lot of people out there with the 325/328/330's and would love something more than just exhaust, intake, and software. Guaranteed if there was something more than that people would get on it and buy it. I was just in a thread reading about Riss Racing coming out with a new exhaust and honestly it's getting kind of old. Can someone make something innovative for the N52 for once? Even some underdrive pulleys would be cool. A camshaft kit? Forged pistons? Or like I said, for the love of god, will someone please begin development on a supercharger? I know it might be somewhat difficult but I mean really it's not something that can't be done. There's been an E90 that was twin-charged for crying out loud. That should tell people something. HPF successfully turboed a 330i that didn't work like they wanted it to so they just gave up? Seriously, someone grow some balls and get on this. Even 5 PSI should be just fine for this engine. The E90 M3 has been supercharged and there's already practically everything for the 335 including RD Sport's turbo swap. Give the N52 some love.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
951's 330i
Lieutenant Colonel
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 95 RB-S14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Supreme View Post
Ok. It's understandable that the 335i is deffinently the all-time tuner's car. But seriously, there's a lot of people out there with the 325/328/330's and would love something more than just exhaust, intake, and software. Guaranteed if there was something more than that people would get on it and buy it. I was just in a thread reading about Riss Racing coming out with a new exhaust and honestly it's getting kind of old. Can someone make something innovative for the N52 for once? Even some underdrive pulleys would be cool. A camshaft kit? Forged pistons? Or like I said, for the love of god, will someone please begin development on a supercharger? I know it might be somewhat difficult but I mean really it's not something that can't be done. There's been an E90 that was twin-charged for crying out loud. That should tell people something. HPF successfully turboed a 330i that didn't work like they wanted it to so they just gave up? Seriously, someone grow some balls and get on this. Even 5 PSI should be just fine for this engine. The E90 M3 has been supercharged and there's already practically everything for the 335 including RD Sport's turbo swap. Give the N52 some love.

Thing is though, like some people have stated, FI the car in anyway would be a long process, plus most of the members im sure are way to scared to lose their warranty. Im sure people, like myself who dont have warranty, would jump on it in a second. But like i just said, people want the warranty.....Even if, which is just MHO, doesnt cover ish(horrible experience with warranty ish). NOw the other problem for most companies wanting not to do it, is probably the cost that it will come out to. Sure, i can say i will jump on it, and so will other members, but what might happen in the end is we'll see the price, look at our wallets, then turn the other cheek. I would love to have something like that, but i wouldnt have anywhere near the money to buy it if it was even $3000, which is most of the people on here. So obviously they wont see that many profits. Yeah there will be some people that can buy it, like those who might have 5 sets of wheels, at 2k a set, but the majority is just the wishfull thinking. Just my .02, but im on the same boat with you bro. I wish there was something for our cars, other then intake and exhaust, and tired of hearing the whole, just get a 335i response. Yes they are great cars, but there are people who want to be unique. I mean, look at the E46 non-m3 owners, they could of just bought a M3, or 335i, but they went ahead and supercharged their cars to be unique, plus the fact that no one really suspects to pull up to a sc 330i.

2006 E90-Running like brand new again. Take that insurance company
95 S14-Sold
95 S14 Rb25det-Vrom Shhh
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
SoCal Supreme
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
That is EXACTLY what I'm getting at. Seriously it's getting really lame seeing so many 335i's and M3's now-a-days. Honestly your taking a fast car and making it faster....and there really isn't much respect for that seeing how EVERYBODY has it....I'm sorry but yes...they're really fast and really great...but seriously....I'd rather drive something different rather than drive the same thing as everybody else....that just take's the fun out of it....
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
So a forced induction 325/8 is significantly different than a 335 how? Because you bought a kit?

I'm sorry man but, it basically comes down to it just not being worth it for most tuners. Most people who want to go fast are going to buy the faster option from the get go. When you figure in the cost of the turbo/SC kit you could most likely have a 335 and a tune for less. I just don't see the merit in taking a car with average power and spending a lot of money making it reasonably powerful when you could start with a fairly powerful car and make good power easily for less money.

Never mind any potential complications from the hybrid mag/alum block in the 325/8. I'm guessing there is a reason BMW didn't use it on their factory FI car.

Last edited by hotrod2448; 05-23-2009 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

LULZ.

Look at it from the business point of view, young lad.

If you really want to F/I your N52 so bad, go custom. Anything is possible with enough money. To most other members, it's not feasible. You're going to dump a load of money into something that has NO R&D and void your warranty. I'm going to go with a typical route and just trade in for a 335i.

If you want to be driving something different, you made that mistake from the start by buying a BMW since everyone has one, especially in SoCal.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
951's 330i
Lieutenant Colonel
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
LULZ.

Look at it from the business point of view, young lad.

If you really want to F/I your N52 so bad, go custom. Anything is possible with enough money. To most other members, it's not feasible. You're going to dump a load of money into something that has NO R&D and void your warranty. I'm going to go with a typical route and just trade in for a 335i.

If you want to be driving something different, you made that mistake from the start by buying a BMW since everyone has one, especially in SoCal.
No need for the young lad insult.

But this is true though like i had already stated before. No one wants to put the R&D for it because in reality, no one will buy. As much as it would be cool, its not worth the time and money for any business seeing as it is much easier to tune a already FI vehicle, or something already pushing high numbers like the M3, which obviously, they would make a tune, or sc for it, because the owners have enough money to do so, which is why there is a market for that.

Sucks, but it is what it is. As much as i hate hearing the same response, would just be easier to buy a 335i, or like he said, go custom.

I dont think he made the mistake of buying the car he chose. Just OP wants what any other modder/car lover would want to do. Whether it be Cosm. mods or perf., people want to make their car unique.

95 S14-Sold
95 S14 Rb25det-Vrom Shhh
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
The other thing to consider is it's not like the 335 market is saturated with a huge amount of serious parts either. Sure there are tons of exhaust and intakes, a few IC's but, other then that you've basically got the procede, JB, and Dinan tunes along with a handful of less popular ones.

It's only recently that there has been a few other reflashes to come out and no one has a turbo upgrade that is available to the public yet. The only one that has dyno numbers I've seen looks to be a total waste of time and money. There are no fuel system upgrades, cams, head work, cooling system upgrades, headstuds, head gaskets, light weight flywheels, etc... It amazes me how slowly the BMW market moves.

I'd say there is a long way to go with that market before they would even start considering looking at the N52 seriously and with the TT V8 being dropped into everything a model up I'm willing to bet the N52 will just be ignored all together.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
SoCal Supreme
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
This is just sad because I'll never be able to afford a 335. And my warranty on my E90 is already up. Lameeee....
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
This is just sad because I'll never be able to afford a 335. And my warranty on my E90 is already up. Lameeee....
But you could afford a $5K+ supercharger kit along with your 32X?

It's only a $7k difference from one to other new and that difference usually shrinks a bit on CPO'd cars.

Hell at that rate if you want to do something a little different get an E46 M3 and S/C that.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #10
951's 330i
Lieutenant Colonel
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
But you could afford a $5K+ supercharger kit along with your 32X?

It's only a $7k difference from one to other new and that difference usually shrinks a bit on CPO'd cars.

Hell at that rate if you want to do something a little different get an E46 M3 and S/C that.
Now that would be fun to do

95 S14-Sold
95 S14 Rb25det-Vrom Shhh
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 01:37 AM   #11
SoCal Supreme
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
E46 M3 carbon black with gunmetal CSL's vorsteiner vented and CSL rear...and ESS S/C....that would be a dream come true....okay I need to just go in a corner and shoot myself...fantasies don't come true lol
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 02:34 AM   #12
Evil E90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Don't say that...I'm sure someday you will be able to afford a 335i. Are you in your 20's? If so then you still have a long life ahead. I bet a 07 335i will be under 25k in a few years from now. I have already seen some sedan and coupe 335i's for under 30k. The funny thing is when I switch the type of transmission to manual it comes up zero on auto trader....hehe! Save your money for your future 335i!

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 02:48 AM   #13
B-Varise
Suppressive Person
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335 :)

Quote:
E46 M3 carbon black with gunmetal CSL's vorsteiner vented and CSL rear...and ESS S/C....that would be a dream come true....okay I need to just go in a corner and shoot myself...fantasies don't come true lol
Please don't take this the wrong way, but can you confirm for me if you are either an only child, or if you're not the only child, is the other sibling a female? Serious question.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 06:03 AM   #14
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Ask the guys from komressortec germany:

http://www.kompressortec.de/

they give me this week the info that an supercharger for E9x 325i/330is is under development

Uli_HH
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #15
Skywagon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6 3.5

For what it's worth, and I realize not much! I did a Catalytic Converter delete on a 09 328i. Dyno showed a 14HP gain. I have two company's I'm trying to pressure, which I realize is delusional to an extent, into making headers for the 328i's. None are currently offered for the 09 models, I've spent months looking. I'd wager part of the resistance is the folks in California, obviously a huge market, may not be able to part take in the product due to their very strict emission requirements. It would take a week with a car in a shop to mock up a set before production. Will I be successful, I dunno? If one looks at the exhaust manifolds and cats on a 328i they are extremely restrictive.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #16
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
IIRC you can't add FI to the 328/325/330 because the block lacks cast iron cylinder sleeves unlike the 335.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #17
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I don't understand the OP's rant. If you wanted forced induction, you should have bought an N54-equipped car in the first place. There's really no excuse..

Edit: Considering cost, a supercharger kit for the N52 would not be any more economically practical than a stripper 135i or 335i.
      06-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #18
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
1. That's the proper attitude to get what you want!
2. Who cares? Get the 335 because I don't see what the point of this thread is.
3. If no company will get started, why don't you DIY?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #19
MemphisRheins
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi

Oh come'on 335 guys...give us a break here.

I agree with the OP, Id like to see some mods that are more then just noise making bolt ons for the N52.

Sure, A supercharger would be fantastic, (not that I see one coming or my wallet being able to stand one in the foreseeable future)... But even just some pulleys, or a more aggressive cam design, Lightweight Flywheel, Intake Manifolds for the non 330 guys... a Real and affordable Cold Air Intake that actually fits (I returned my Simota, because the fitment was absolute crap)

Lets make something other then just a louder exhaust, If I wanted to set off car alarms I would of stayed in the Import Tuner scene, Lets make something that allows these cars to become what they are meant to be.
      10-14-2009, 03:01 AM   #20
SoCal Supreme
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Varise View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, but can you confirm for me if you are either an only child, or if you're not the only child, is the other sibling a female? Serious question.
I just turned 20. I live in Irvine, CA and I live independent with a roommate. So I guess the answer to your question is no. But in the aspect that I support myself.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 03:11 AM   #21
SoCal Supreme
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
I didn't see anything on Kompressortec's website =/. Where did you see it exactly???
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 05:33 AM   #22
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
I didn't see anything on Kompressortec's website =/. Where did you see it exactly???
Itīs not on their homepage ... I emailed them ... and get the answer that they have an compressorkit for the E9x 325i in development ... but bad to say I never heard anything from them ... ... looks like blabla

Uli_HH
Appreciate 0