E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Comfort Access + Pathway Lighting = No love?

08-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
ChadR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

Comfort Access + Pathway Lighting = No love?

So my car has the CA option and since I got it I have been trying to get the pathway lighting (referenced in the manual) to work properly. This is the option to flick the highbeam switch to activate the lights when you exit the vehicle at night so you can see where you are walking.

So after trying this for awhile I figured there was something wrong that it wasn't working, on a whim I put the fob into the dash started/stopped the car and removed the fob and tried the pathway lighting and bingo, works perfectly.

So the question then becomes, does pathway lighting simply not work if you use the CA option of not inserting the fob into dash? And/Or is there a way to make pathway lighting work with CA?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2006, 11:45 PM   #2
gos
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice
So my car has the CA option and since I got it I have been trying to get the pathway lighting (referenced in the manual) to work properly. This is the option to flick the highbeam switch to activate the lights when you exit the vehicle at night so you can see where you are walking.

So after trying this for awhile I figured there was something wrong that it wasn't working, on a whim I put the fob into the dash started/stopped the car and removed the fob and tried the pathway lighting and bingo, works perfectly.

So the question then becomes, does pathway lighting simply not work if you use the CA option of not inserting the fob into dash? And/Or is there a way to make pathway lighting work with CA?
Are your headlights lights in the automatic position?

I've gotten it to work, but it may have required the headlights to be "off".
      08-12-2006, 03:52 AM   #3
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice
So my car has the CA option and since I got it I have been trying to get the pathway lighting (referenced in the manual) to work properly.

It has nothing to do with inserting the fob.
It's quite easy to make this work if you have comfort access (took me a while to figure it out too)

1. Instead of pressing the start/stop button once, press it twice to also turn off accessories (make sure the 2nd press isn't with the clutch depressed otherwise the engine will just start again)
2. Now flick the light stalk to activate pathway lighting

Hope this helps...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2006, 04:44 AM   #4
sunchild
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Why does pathway lighting turn off after 30 seconds, even when I set it on 180 seconds in options? Anyone else experience same issues?
Appreciate 0