E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Leasing a 335i in Chicagoland - A little help?

09-30-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
davhern
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 AW E92 335i

Leasing a 335i in Chicagoland - A little help?

Hey guys... first post. Been browsing the forums for a while and doing a lot of research on the E90/92. Anyway, I went ahead and emailed a few of my area dealers yesterday for quotes on exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking at a 335 w/the following..

Exterior Options:
Montego Blue Metallic
Interior Options:
Saddle Brown/Black w/Dakota Leather Upholstery with Brushed Aluminum Trim Included
Packages/Options:
Sport Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Comfort Access
On-Board Navigation System w/iDrive
Satellite Radio

Anyway, I got my first quote back from a dealer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salesguy
MSRP is $49,165 selling at 48,365. On a 36 month lease/12,000 miles with $0 down and registered in suburban Cook County, payments are $849. With $2,000 down they are $789. On a 42 month term, payments would be $819 and $767 respectively.
So, I figure 800 below MSRP is a decent starting point on a car that I would imagine isn't too hard to move, but those lease numbers seem pretty high. What's my next step here? Should I email the dealer back and ask for a breakdown of how he worked that all out? (i.e. residual, money factor, tax, etc.)?

I'm not crazy right? From what I've seen/read, that's a very high payment.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by davhern
Hey guys... first post. Been browsing the forums for a while and doing a lot of research on the E90/92. Anyway, I went ahead and emailed a few of my area dealers yesterday for quotes on exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking at a 335 w/the following..

Exterior Options:
Montego Blue Metallic
Interior Options:
Saddle Brown/Black w/Dakota Leather Upholstery with Brushed Aluminum Trim Included
Packages/Options:
Sport Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Comfort Access
On-Board Navigation System w/iDrive
Satellite Radio

Anyway, I got my first quote back from a dealer...

So, I figure 800 below MSRP is a decent starting point on a car that I would imagine isn't too hard to move, but those lease numbers seem pretty high. What's my next step here? Should I email the dealer back and ask for a breakdown of how he worked that all out? (i.e. residual, money factor, tax, etc.)?

I'm not crazy right? From what I've seen/read, that's a very high payment.
see what kinda deal others will give you... also try to delete some options if you dont wanna pay that much a month
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2006, 03:12 AM   #3
davhern
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01
see what kinda deal others will give you... also try to delete some options if you dont wanna pay that much a month
It's not about not wanting to pay that much a month, it just seems that they're trying to nail me on the payments because those are too high compared to the price they're quoting me on the car.

But maybe I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2006, 09:20 AM   #4
bgreek22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i coupe

lease payments

that doesn't seem that high; i was quoted the same 36 month payment w/ $0 down; but will probably go 24 mos for $1036 - i'm paying msrp (48600) just ask for the residual and money factor (money factor should be around .0020, which is like 4.8%.

can't change the residual, but they can bump the rate. that and the sales price are really the only way to adjust it, unless you go through a different bank; ie different residual. or just put more money down.

I've leased 4 330's over the last 5 years, and the payments always come out around 7-800 for 36 mos...this car obviously is priced a bit higher...