E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Fog Light + Adaptive headlight - HELP!

11-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
max_asdf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

Fog Light + Adaptive headlight - HELP!

ok.. a few things i need help with.!!

i have an 06 330. (Canadian spec)

1. Adaptive Headlight! error on i-drive.

No messages two years ago, when i first installed them. Recently, error message is displayed on idrive at all times.

Prev owner had installed MTECH hid fog system. I dont know because it was an older MTECH kit, it had to be re-wired to draw power from the headlights instead of the normal fog wires.

A few things I have noticed, both my fogs dont work. Pretty sure this is due to the bulbs being burned out.

I also recieve the Left/Right Fog Light Malfunction errors.

IF i purchase new fog bulbs and replace them, the left/right fog malfuntion errors should go away, how about the Adaptive Headlight! error?

when i purchase new fog bulbs, is there a difference between hid fog light bulbs and regular fog light bulbs? since i have the hid fog light sytem... what bulbs should i be looking for.

How do you verify if the Adaptive headlight system is working? They suppose to turn left and right when i turn? up and down? (each time i start the car the lights will 'auto-level'. i see the move up and down once.)

2. Right Parking Light malfunction! on I-Drive.

I notice the right RD angel eye is not on anymore. When i turn the knob to 'parking lights' only the left angel eye lights up.

If i replace the angel eye bulb this error will be removed?

so many brands/types of bulbs out there, what should i be replacing them with.

Thanks all!
Appreciate 0