E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Whats wrong with dealer!

10-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #1
wizzard
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Whats wrong with dealer!

I oredered my new 335i just over a week ago (Space grey, 6mt, Sport, Prem, CA) from a Toronto Autohouse dealership. I was told once they receive the VIN / Confirmation from Germany about the production date and time frame when I will get the car..

To this date I still received nothing and I talked to them friday and they said they are still waiting. All the financing went through and they had taken their deposit last week..

Has anyone else waiting this long to find out their delivery timeframe...

Thanks, Michael
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
you should have gotten your production number (not VIN) no later than 24 hours after you ordered your car. give them a call and ask for it, they should definitely have it by now if they placed your order correctly. you don't get a VIN until your car goes into production.
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #3
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Patience, it could be at least a couple weeks before you go into production. Your dealer will not know much until you move to status 150. 335s are hot and getting hotter, everyone wants one and the factory can only crank out so many a day. 111 -> 112 -> 150.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
azbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: rickshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko
you should have gotten your production number (not VIN) no later than 24 hours after you ordered your car. give them a call and ask for it, they should definitely have it by now if they placed your order correctly. you don't get a VIN until your car goes into production.
Doesn't it depend on the dealerships allocation? If the dealership has no production slots they have to wait until the next group of slots open for future months production. I think the first week in November they can start putting in orders for December production. Could it be the OPs order with the dealership isnt in the system yet since the dealership needs to wait for more production slots? If the order cant be put into the system they wont have a production number for the OP. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2006, 06:29 PM   #5
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbmw
Doesn't it depend on the dealerships allocation? If the dealership has no production slots they have to wait until the next group of slots open for future months production. I think the first week in November they can start putting in orders for December production. Could it be the OPs order with the dealership isnt in the system yet since the dealership needs to wait for more production slots? If the order cant be put into the system they wont have a production number for the OP. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
This is one of those trust things, I guess? And with auto sales, I don't really have a high degree, I like to see things in writing. But, let's say a dealer takes your order, gives you a price, and understandably, there is no VIN on something that doesn't exist. In this poster's case, sounds like no order # means BMW hasn't even been contacted yet. So really, I think the deal is as good as the dealership. If they're reputable, there's no reason to not come through. But I did run into dealers who gave really good quotes, and then said they can't put the order in yet and wouldn't do anything in writing. So what good is that? They're selling not only something they don't have, but may not be getting......In my case, I have no VIN either, but I do have an order # and printouts of the dealer's screens. When I called the 800#, the person has my name and the specifics of the car.

Because I don't know the ins and outs of this process, I feel assured that I can bypass the dealership and find that BMW has all the correct info on the order, that it is waiting to be produced week 44.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2006, 10:59 PM   #6
azbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: rickshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070
This is one of those trust things, I guess? And with auto sales, I don't really have a high degree, I like to see things in writing. But, let's say a dealer takes your order, gives you a price, and understandably, there is no VIN on something that doesn't exist. In this poster's case, sounds like no order # means BMW hasn't even been contacted yet. So really, I think the deal is as good as the dealership. If they're reputable, there's no reason to not come through. But I did run into dealers who gave really good quotes, and then said they can't put the order in yet and wouldn't do anything in writing. So what good is that? They're selling not only something they don't have, but may not be getting......In my case, I have no VIN either, but I do have an order # and printouts of the dealer's screens. When I called the 800#, the person has my name and the specifics of the car.

Because I don't know the ins and outs of this process, I feel assured that I can bypass the dealership and find that BMW has all the correct info on the order, that it is waiting to be produced week 44.
I'm not as informed on the process. Is an order # different than a production #? Hopefully the OP has something in writing that lays out what is to be ordered and the price before he gave the dealer a deposit. I'm with you, I would want to check with BMW to make sure the order is in correctly. What is the 800# you called?
Appreciate 0