E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Checking In - Good News - Quick Question

03-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
jdsboston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi MonacoBlue 6spdmanual

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
Wink Checking In - Good News - Quick Question

Hey guys,

Haven't said hello in a long time as I have been busy getting ready for our first baby due in <six weeks with crazy house projects and such. You don't want to hear the details.

Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know I found a buyer for my old VW. As you guys may remember I have had this car for 11years and put many miles on her across four different states during that time. So I wasn't about to sell her to some dude who wanted to geek her out. It took about 8 months on the VW Vortex boards but today I agreed on price and man am I psyched.

The Satty is literally going out to pasture in IOWA! And I talked with the new owner by phone today and he's going to fly into DC and pick her up in just under two weeks. Here is the listing for the car I thought you would enjoy reading all the crap I put up there and there are some damn funny videos I took with Pink Floyd blasting in the background as I pulled 100 on 66 East and zipped by the Pentagon at 1am last Fall getting her ready to sell.

Satty Listing on VWVortex

1am Video Speedylap on 66 East

I tied my digicam to the headrest and I just find this hysterical every time I watch it but I am kind of a dork. LOL!! Not bad for a 168K 15 year old german granny! ;-)

Anyhow, once I get the cash for her I am going to celebrate the sale of the old lady finding a new home by getting my UUC shifter installed...

I was going to ask for some suggestions on a good shop to get that done but I just realized that I should do that well after the baby arrives so I don't get in the doghouse.

Hope to see you at an event sometime in the Spring.

yosh
~ I'm new to Seattle so pls drop a PM. BMW CCA#424403

Last edited by jdsboston; 03-02-2010 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Congrats on the baby coming! Have fun with your modding. Let me know what you think of the UUC. You might even be able to install it yourself.
      03-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
E93SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Space Gray

Congratulation on the baby! Haven't heard from you for awhile, hope to see you back in the spring time!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

if you did the shifter install now, would your wife even notice? i know mine wouldnt. plus, you can always say it was plug and play

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
jdsboston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi MonacoBlue 6spdmanual

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
thanks guys!

hey guys,

thank for all your nice comments.

i just buffed the old VW out today and she looks great. spoke with the new owner tonight. he's flying in from Iowa sunday to drive her back monday and is very excited. I am glad the satty will have a good home after so many years owning her...almost exactly 11 years this March!

And the funny thing is it's amazingly odd timing. We were at Gtown hospital this week and the doc says as of Friday the baby has reached full term and it's definitely gonna be a March baby. My wife is already starting to feel mild contractions periodically and the baby has started "dropping" or "descending" or whatever it is...LOL. Anyhow my wife thinks the baby is coming next week.

I am psyched to have the old car outta here and sold before the new little dude/dudette arrives.

I would agree that my wife would probably not notice the shifter being changed but I just don't want to deal with the downside risk of something distracting from what should be a very special week. the spring sure will be fun this year and hope to see you guys at an event sometime in April or May!

/josh
~ I'm new to Seattle so pls drop a PM. BMW CCA#424403
Appreciate 0