E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Premium+Sports OR just Sports w/Moonroof

05-07-2010, 03:37 AM   #1
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Premium+Sports OR just Sports w/Moonroof

I know this has been addressed to some extent before in a recent thread, but this is about the 2011s

Vehicle of interest: 328i Sedan

Condition: Sports Package a must. Added.

Question: Premium required or Not.

Considerations:

Moonroof (Need it! But can be added for less than half the price of premium)
Seats (Sports seats are better than ones with Premium Package, have more but by no means less options/flexibility/features?)
Compass (not required)
Auto Dimming Mirrors (can probably do without)
Folding Mirrors (Not required)
Garage Door Opener (not required)

- Do Rain sensing wipers come standard?

- What about BMW Assist?

Am I missing something? Is there something significant which is going to impact the convenience and comfort?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 04:00 AM   #2
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

I used my moonroof 5 times since about 2 years ago when I got my car, two of which I used it to see how it works). My next car will not have it, will save some money and a white car will look better without it.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
sworks335i
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Sports + Moonroof!! Premium is overrated and overpriced. Lumbar and Folding mirrors are a waste!! I use my Moonroof every day, even if its raining!
      05-07-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
335rrr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335I

I have sport and premium, I like both. For the money I would probably skip the premium just get the sunroof I use it alot and its better resale value...if you want the best resale value then get the Prem. and Sport. Rain sensing wipers are not standard, they r part of the premium.
Lumbar support works real well for me.
tip: try to negotiate on how much they are charging u on these packages. GLWB
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
mbhforum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi Sedan

Umm. Bluetooth/SOS.
2010 Monaco Blue 328xi Sedan - Dark Burl Wood Trim - Dakota Beige Leather - Steptronic - ZVP - ZSP - ZPP - Nav - Sat - PDC - Comfort Access - Heated Steering Wheel and Seats - Mods: 35% Tints - Sylvania Superstar Ultra H7's - Lux 5.0 Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
beemer3
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
I know this has been addressed to some extent before in a recent thread, but this is about the 2011s

Vehicle of interest: 328i Sedan

Condition: Sports Package a must. Added.

Question: Premium required or Not.

Considerations:

Moonroof (Need it! But can be added for less than half the price of premium)
Seats (Sports seats are better than ones with Premium Package, have more but by no means less options/flexibility/features?)
Compass (not required)
Auto Dimming Mirrors (can probably do without)
Folding Mirrors (Not required)
Garage Door Opener (not required)

- Do Rain sensing wipers come standard?

- What about BMW Assist?

Am I missing something? Is there something significant which is going to impact the convenience and comfort?

Thanks
If you get the Premium Package, as far as the seats go, your seats will be power adjustable and you get the lumbar support. I really like having the power seats. I had a loaner with manual seats and I did found them kind of hard to adjust. Lumbar support is also a must in my books if you are getting the Sports Package which comes with the Sports seats.

Rain sensing wipers has always been standard on the E9X at least in the U.S.

BMW Assist is optional. You can get it as a stand alone option or as part of the Premium Package.

As far as missing any comfort and convenience, I think you should consider the Xenon headlights. I would also consider PDC, but you may or may not want it.

Last edited by beemer3; 05-07-2010 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
beemer3
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rrr View Post
I have sport and premium, I like both. For the money I would probably skip the premium just get the sunroof I use it alot and its better resale value...if you want the best resale value then get the Prem. and Sport. Rain sensing wipers are not standard, they r part of the premium.
Lumbar support works real well for me.
tip: try to negotiate on how much they are charging u on these packages. GLWB
Rain sensing wipers has always been standard on the E9X in the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Rain sensing wipers are standard. 328i also does not have power seats with memory positions standard, so that's a big part of premium. The other big thing about premium is Bluetooth/BMW Assist. The other stuff is nice, but not really must haves.

Power seats and Bluetooth/SOS are available as standalone options though, but not sure what the price difference would be for those two vs the whole premium package.

The other must-have IMO is xenons.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Thanks everyone.

I am looking at Xenons as a must have too , hard to find them on any cars with dealers, a.k.a. 2010s. Now considering building a 2011, which is why this question came to my mind.

I checked, BMW Assist comes for another $750 I believe. Moonroof + BMW Assist saves me about $800 as opposed to full premium package.

So No "power seats" in just Sports Package? Sports seats require manual adjustment if the Premium Package is missing? I am correct?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
beemer3
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
Thanks everyone.

I am looking at Xenons as a must have too , hard to find them on any cars with dealers, a.k.a. 2010s. Now considering building a 2011, which is why this question came to my mind.

I checked, BMW Assist comes for another $750 I believe. Moonroof + BMW Assist saves me about $800 as opposed to full premium package.

So No "power seats" in just Sports Package? Sports seats require manual adjustment if the Premium Package is missing? I am correct?

The power seats is available as a standalone option and also available as part of the Premium Package. So to answer your question, if you just get Sports Package w/o the power seats option or the Premium Package, you will have manually adjustable sports seats.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Rain Sensing wipers standard on all U.S 3 Series models.

I think the sheer number of goodies you get with premium makes it worth the extra cost. I appreciate the SOS and Bluetooth which do work very well.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #12
jaybird124
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

ZSP and ZPP

Retired: '93 325i |'99 Jeep Wrangler Sport |'06 330i Sport |'08 335i Sport |'08 328i Sport |'09 335d Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 05:59 AM   #13
mbhforum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi Sedan

Just get the ZPP. Dont buy a BMW with manual seats. The cost of $800 over a 5 year loan should not be a dealbreaker. BTW, Get Xenons. My car doesn't have them b/c I took what was in inventory and I miss them from my previous G35x. I even upgraded my halos to LED and my halogen bulbs to Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's and they don't come to sharp with how nice xenon's look and how much light they give off when you drive at night. My buddy has a e92 with xenons and we compared the 2 side by side.
2010 Monaco Blue 328xi Sedan - Dark Burl Wood Trim - Dakota Beige Leather - Steptronic - ZVP - ZSP - ZPP - Nav - Sat - PDC - Comfort Access - Heated Steering Wheel and Seats - Mods: 35% Tints - Sylvania Superstar Ultra H7's - Lux 5.0 Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0