E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > Gripe about ads for used BMWs

05-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
micah
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT

Gripe about ads for used BMWs

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
<VENT>
[This is not a comment about this forum, it's about craigslist and other online classifieds]
I'm currently looking for another used BMW, perhaps half-heartedly (not as rich as I want to be). When I look at ads outside of this forum, I find that in ads for used BMWs the word "sport" is used liberally regardless of whether the vehicle in question actually has the sport package. So, terms like "335 sport" or, as in my current case, "535xit sport" abound. Practically none of these cars has the sport package. It's like people think if you're selling a BMW you automatically get carte blanche to use the term sport even though (to me) it has a very specific meaning (and I'm not interested in cars without it). If there are any pictures of the car, one can immediately detect the presence of the sport package. BTW, this happens with "premium" as well, and sometimes I've even seen dealers lie about 6MT in ad copy. Like I'm not going to notice THAT?

Now, some caveates: I've only seen that happen once on e90post, and that thread got shut down after a bunch of people called the seller out. Mostly when I see it happen in other online classifieds, it's a dealer, more specifically, a non BMW dealer (though I've seen BMW dealers do it). Individual sellers seem to know the options on their cars.
</VENT>

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Many people have no clue what their car has. When recently looking at used 335s the guy said the car was to stiff and uncomfortable and thats why hes selling. He said getting the sport option was a bad idea. The car didn't have the sports package.
Appreciate 0