E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > =( Looks like I won't be getting a 335i tomorrow anymore

12-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

=( Looks like I won't be getting a 335i tomorrow anymore

Hey all, I worked out a deal with a local dealership on a 335i. We got the deal hammered down last week. The issue was that the car was not at their dealership, but at another one about 50-60 miles south. I deposited $1,000 upon their request for them to start calling the other dealership and have the car flatbeded up here.

I spent the whole weekend putting my current car back to stock. 2 days full of work, getting ready to do the trade in tomorrow morning.

Just got the call that the other dealership said that they're currently working on the car I wanted with another customer so I can no longer get the car. That just made my night:mad:

Sorry, but I had to vent. Definitely feels let down as I spent the whole day today cleaning the car out making sure its spotless. And worked my butt off nonstop the whole weekend making sure the car is back to 100% stock.

Last edited by wj4; 12-26-2006 at 09:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
Hey all, I worked out a deal with a local dealership on a 335i. We got the deal hammered down last week. The issue was that the car was not at their dealership, but at another one about 50-60 miles south. I deposited $1,000 upon their request for them to start calling the other dealership and have the car flatbeded up here.

I spent the whole weekend putting my current cat back to stock. 2 days full of work, getting ready to do the trade in tomorrow morning.

Just got the call that the other dealership said that they're currently working on the car I wanted with another customer so I can no longer get the car. That just made my night:mad:

Sorry, but I had to vent. Definitely feels let down as I spent the whole day today cleaning the car out making sure its spotless. And worked my butt off nonstop the whole weekend making sure the car is back to 100% stock.

thats the dealer that you went tos fault, i would go in and RAISE HELL for them having you put a deposit down when they didnt for sure have the car locked in, see if you can get a better deal because of it
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild
thats the dealer that you went tos fault, i would go in and RAISE HELL for them having you put a deposit down when they didnt for sure have the car locked in, see if you can get a better deal because of it
They gave me the car for $900 over invoice, and TTL. It was a respectable deal. They tried to sell me on other models with other features, and I'm not taking any of them. The 'net manager said that the two dealerships don't exactly get along, and they couldn't do much about it, because they don't have a car to trade them.

The internet manager who called me sounded frightened to death, he knows too that I was going to give the trade in and pay the difference off in cash.

He said he will call me back tomorrow to see if he can honor the trade in value they gave me for the car if I put in an order. A reason why I avoided an order in the first place was because no dealerships would be able to give me a ball park of trade in value in 8 weeks since 'the market is unpredictable'.

I think the dealership would treat me right because when I went in last week, my friend went with me, he was heavily interested in the M6 they have in the show room. If they kill this deal with me, they will fear that they will also kill the deal on the M6.

The brightside to this is that if I do put in the order, I will get the exact specs I wanted. I orginally wanted alpine white, but I was going to settle for silver (model I was going to buy tomorrow).

It just kills me that I had to call some of my friends over the weekend to help with the de-modding process, it being the xmas weekend and all, trying to make the deadline that is now pointless. At least I know I have good friends.

This feels like a girl cancelling at the last moment on a date, lol...but a bit worst
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #4
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

i were you, i would say give me my deposit back and F*^#$ you. that's all bro.. They will prob shit, and say wait wait it's our fault and blah blah blah... Give me the car $500 over msrp then, if they say no, then screw them... Get as much as possible since it's their fault. If you do have to go to another dealership though the wait will be a while. My SA told me that people are placing orders on 335i's that will not start production until 2 months from now. Your call.

FYI when i wrote 335i's<-- s as in plurar... Their is no IS version!!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
that sucks, dude I'd be pissed too ... no need to apologize ...vent away! :mad:
      12-26-2006, 09:49 PM   #6
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

900 over invoice is ok, but i would still bargain them down a few mor e100s of dollars why not when you can? and the trade in thing is what bugs me about ordering one too, once the car is in they will have you by the balls ya know
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #7
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Give me the car $500 over msrp then
They gave me $900 over invoice, so the deal was nice. It was really easy to get $1000 over invoice here in SoCal.

The wait would kill me. A friend actually cancelled his 335i order last week since it was taking too long. I think he went with an is350 instead.

What sucks is that there is nothing else I wanted in the price range of the 335i.

They already said that they will give the deposit back if they don't have the car.

Yes, the trade in thing made me feel like they will be able to grab me by the balls since the car will already be mine. They will shoot a lowball offer, and can careless if I take it or not. Either way, I will still have to pay them for the 335i. Damn I hate this decision
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #8
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmister
My SA told me that people are placing orders on 335i's that will not start production until 2 months from now. Your call.
Is demand that high? Even a BMW that I wanted, I would not wait 2 mos. before production started. I'd shop for something else if I needed a car, or if not, I'd just wait until 2k8. Don't get me wrong, the 335 is a terrific car, but to wait 14 wks. for it I'd have to say that doesn't make any sense.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 10:34 PM   #9
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Before hanging up the phone with the internet manager, he said that if I put in an order now, I can get the car in late Jan. or early Feb. which I'm almost certain that it is bullcrap since the wait is around 8 weeks, if not more.

I'm just going to take out my buddies tomorrow to a bar in appreciation of their 20 hours help this weekend during the xmas time.

Man I had the coilover and wheels picked out too!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 11:14 PM   #10
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
Before hanging up the phone with the internet manager, he said that if I put in an order now, I can get the car in late Jan. or early Feb. which I'm almost certain that it is bullcrap since the wait is around 8 weeks, if not more.
It's possible, if they already have a car at the dock that's ticketed for them with your specs, but I'd wouldn't trust them either considering what happened to you.

BTW in Calif, all deposits are fully refundable, so regardless they have to give your deposit back.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 01:34 AM   #11
Ado
King Kong
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Damn all you guys are talking about paying over invoice, I got my car for 4.3% less then MSRP.

Am i the only one?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 01:59 AM   #12
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
They gave me the car for $900 over invoice, and TTL. It was a respectable deal. They tried to sell me on other models with other features, and I'm not taking any of them. The 'net manager said that the two dealerships don't exactly get along, and they couldn't do much about it, because they don't have a car to trade them.

The internet manager who called me sounded frightened to death, he knows too that I was going to give the trade in and pay the difference off in cash.

He said he will call me back tomorrow to see if he can honor the trade in value they gave me for the car if I put in an order. A reason why I avoided an order in the first place was because no dealerships would be able to give me a ball park of trade in value in 8 weeks since 'the market is unpredictable'.

I think the dealership would treat me right because when I went in last week, my friend went with me, he was heavily interested in the M6 they have in the show room. If they kill this deal with me, they will fear that they will also kill the deal on the M6.

The brightside to this is that if I do put in the order, I will get the exact specs I wanted. I orginally wanted alpine white, but I was going to settle for silver (model I was going to buy tomorrow).

It just kills me that I had to call some of my friends over the weekend to help with the de-modding process, it being the xmas weekend and all, trying to make the deadline that is now pointless. At least I know I have good friends.

This feels like a girl cancelling at the last moment on a date, lol...but a bit worst

No kidding, you can't drive your right hand to work

But seriously, sorry to hear it but look at it this way, you got all that work out of the way and now you will get the car just the way you really wanted it. And AW looks awesome, you wont regret it
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #13
MBrown1003
Eight Bimmers and counting
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado
Damn all you guys are talking about paying over invoice, I got my car for 4.3% less then MSRP.

Am i the only one?
No.

My dealer did me "a favor" and gave me about $1k off list. Sigh. At least that's better than my last BMW purchase -- that was the M5.
Fives: '11 F10 550i, '02 E39 M5, '00 E39 540i/6, '97 E39 528i, '92 E34 525i
Others: VW, MBz, Peugeot, Toyota, Olds
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 06:43 AM   #14
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

That story really sucks. And I didn't know the 335i demand is sky high in the USA. I ordered my car 4 weeks before I collected it.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 07:33 AM   #15
Two Sheds
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4

I spent the whole weekend putting my current car back to stock. 2 days full of work, getting ready to do the trade in tomorrow morning.

I had the exact same thing happen to me earlier this year when I ordered my 330xi. I went the the dealer and looked through the national inventory for a suitable car (I needed the car in around 2 weeks) and found one with all the options I really wanted and decided to go for it. They immediately took $2000 CAD off me. Either the next day or the day after I got a call to say someone else had bought the car and that they were now looking for another suitable car. I kept getting calls over the next 2 days asking if this car was ok, or this one and why did I really want the sport package (why should I have to justify my choice to a salesman??).

Eventually I went to the sales manager and complained and found out what I suspected in that the were cars around that matched my specs, but they had too many options (i.e. they had the sat nav which wasn't on my original package). After talking to him I got the same car as I originally ordered minus CA and bluetooth (weren't on my list of essentials), plus sat nav.

So if the sales guy doesn't sort you out in the next day or so, just go speak to his manager, if you didn't order the car fully loaded there is probably another car matching your specs, but with more options and if you complain you'll probably get it at no extra cost.

When you signed your agreement was there a VIN number on the contract? They didn't put one on mine and from now on if I buy a car and it's at another dealer I'm not putting any money down until they get the VIN and speak to the other dealer.

Anyway good luck with them and I hope you get the car you want in the not too distant future!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #16
C4talyst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 VW Jetta

That sucks man. Did you place a call to the other dealer to see if they still had it. Perhaps the deal they had going with another customer fell through.
Appreciate 0