E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Any used Buyacar?

08-07-2010, 04:58 AM   #1
BigBanana
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beemer F30 335D

Any used Buyacar?

Anyone used Buyacar.co.uk ?

Potential savings of just over 14%

Is it too good to be true?

Last edited by BigBanana; 08-07-2010 at 05:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Brand new and registered to you as the 2nd keeper for extra savings
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
BigBanana
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beemer F30 335D

I am aware of the second keeper...

I'm looking to replace my current ride.

I've been offered £7k px for my '07 325dse with 75k + miles on it. 1 owner, from a main dealer.

Extras on it were metallic paint (titanium silver), Blue tooth, errr.. I think that's it.
Oh, err, mats.

So I don't think a second registered owner, particularly as it would be a dealer, will make dick shit to the re-sale value offered in 3 to 4 years time.....

I'll take the 14% off now thank you very much, if it's genuine.

The site even detail some option changes from 30/8/10 which three dealers didn't mention yesterday.

There is a new option for bluetooth.
It costs £245 (BMW price) rather than £535 for the 'telephone prep'. The difference is, you don't get the sharks fin aerial and the option of spending £50 for a cradle, each time you change your 'phone.

Of course, if you don't use the cradle, the sharksfin is purely cosmetic anyway.
(Like mine is).

Enquiring of one dealer today of that specific option, initially provided incorrect information. They were unaware of it. Investigated, then stated it was needed in addition to the blurtooth prep. Although they did phone back an hour later with the correct information.

It would be nice to have some positive feedback on the supplier, before committing.

Last edited by BigBanana; 08-07-2010 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Added the words in blue for clarity
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 03:10 AM   #4
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanana View Post
I am aware of the second keeper...

I'm looking to replace my current ride.

I've been offered £7k px for my '07 325dse with 75k + miles on it. 1 owner, from a main dealer.

Extras on it were metallic paint (titanium silver), Blue tooth, errr.. I think that's it.
Oh, err, mats.

So I don't think a second registered owner, particularly as it would be a dealer, will make dick shit to the re-sale value offered in 3 to 4 years time.....

I'll take the 14% off now thank you very much, if it's genuine.

The site even detail some option changes from 30/8/10 which three dealers didn't mention yesterday.

There is a new option for bluetooth.
It costs £245 (BMW price) rather than £535 for the 'telephone prep'. The difference is, you don't get the sharks fin aerial and the option of spending £50 for a cradle, each time you change your 'phone.

Of course, if you don't use the cradle, the sharksfin is purely cosmetic anyway.
(Like mine is).

Enquiring of one dealer today of that specific option, initially provided incorrect information. They were unaware of it. Investigated, then stated it was needed in addition to the blurtooth prep. Although they did phone back an hour later with the correct information.

It would be nice to have some positive feedback on the supplier, before committing.

Why don't you go direct to a BMW dealer and use Buyacar.co.uk to help your bargaining? Their prices do look very good.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 03:56 AM   #5
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanana View Post
Anyone used Buyacar.co.uk ?

Potential savings of just over 14%

Is it too good to be true?
You'll get 14% off new from BMW, i've got just over that on the last 2 cars from them, just take any broker quote in and they'll beat it.
Appreciate 0