E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Cooper BMW - State of AUC cars!

08-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
Dr G13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3

Cooper BMW - State of AUC cars!

So I was at cooper Reading on sunday to check out a 335i auc car with view to buy that day. Traveled far to the dealer so asked specifically before coming weather the car was in good ok or bad condition, was told its excellent condition not a single scratch.....

Got there sunday afternoon only to find the car in question was not at all what I was told over the phone.

The car was riddled with many scratches all over, key marks down the doors, totally different coloured front bumber (blatent respray) and all four wheels badly kerbed.

Then upon driving the car it got worse, the car pulled to the left badly. That and the front bumper led me to believe the car was involved in an accident. When asked, the sales person did not deny it, his exacts words were "doesn't mean it has to have been a big crash".

Then the interior, for a 3 year old car with only 28k miles at a bmw dealer priced at top dollar, it was horrific to say the least, the leather was ripped and the steering wheel has some black stuff peeling off it. Sales guy said "what? do you want us to replace the steering wheel for you" very sarcastically. Well no I don't but I do expect some f***ing honesty when I'm traveling the lenght of the country to come see it.

So I left on a bad note with them after they wasted my time quite frankly.

Today I went to cooper in cobham (with my hopes very low) to see another 335i, once again over the phone I was told its in great condition despite the fact I explained to him about sundays events at reading.

Low and behold once again the car was riddled with scratches all over, ripped leather etc...

Both these cars I seen at cooper were not prepared at all to be shown to potential buyers, the one at reading even had spider webs all over it.

Moral of the story, in my opinion avoid coopers dealer group like the plague, I would hate to imagine what sort of afterservice they provide!

On a plus note today I did went to see another one at sytners sunningdale, this car was much more like it, I called them last night, went in this morning and they had the car preped nicely, all stone chips/scratches sorted to a point i could barely spot any, nice interior etc, even a good price, only problem being it didn't have pro sat nav which id really like.

Daniel at sytner sunningdale was excellent compared to the two guys at coopers. He was happy to sit down and show me all the cars recods ie warrantly claims etc whereas coopers guys weren't.

I called him earlier to ask if he could maybe find me one like I seen today but with pro nav as upon thinking about it, no nav will hurt resale too much.

I would like to give my business to sytner as I was very pleased with the level of service so fingers crossed he will find me one soon.

Anyone know if dealers such as sytner have access to cars which are not on the bmw auc national search or can he only see the same cars that I can see on the bmw site and no special internal way of sourcing me one quickly? I ask this as I am in london for only a few days and would be gutted if this was a wasted trip.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

WHY am I not surprised that Cooper BMW is letting people down???

Search my topics. It seems their problems are network wide rather than just with cobham in this case... sheesh.
      08-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
Dr G13
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
WHY am I not surprised that Cooper BMW is letting people down???

Search my topics. It seems their problems are network wide rather than just with cobham in this case... sheesh.
Just seen your topics now, my fault really I should have done my research on the stealer before going so far to them.

Luckily I have found a car and purchased today, pick her up on Monday and can't wait, got a car with crazy spec, some things I'v never even heard of before
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Go on, tell us What did you get?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Dr G13
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
Go on, tell us What did you get?
I purchased a 335i se coupe auto, 07 reg car with a very hot spec list, from the top of my head....

prof nav
telematics
assist
6 cd changer
logic 7 (waited bloody ages for a auc car with this option)
sunroof
front and rear parking sensors
19" 230 type wheels

Few other bits and bobs that I can't remember now

Very excited about picking her up, the five day wait will be brutal.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Sounds very very similar to my old 335i (apart from the gearbox). I'm sure your bad experience will soon pale into your distant memory when you collect your new car. Nice one. Logic is certainly worth holding out for in my opinion.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
Dr G13
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Sounds very very similar to my old 335i (apart from the gearbox). I'm sure your bad experience will soon pale into your distant memory when you collect your new car. Nice one. Logic is certainly worth holding out for in my opinion.
Yeh the funny thing was they didn't even have the logic 7 down on the spec sheet as it was down as prof hifi dsp, which I think is another name for it but I didn't know that untill I got in and put the DAB on and heard noise coming from the middle of the dash, seen the centre speaker and checked to see the other 12 and I was so happy haha.

Oh and the l7 logo on the screen is pretty cool

Never been so excited about a car stereo like this before haha
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 01:42 AM   #8
ghosty
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 335d se

Garage List
2008 335d SE  [0.00]
sounds good, got all the essentials there. what colour? did you manage to get a discount in the end?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 02:20 AM   #9
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
I'm still waiting for a call from one of their sales people re a used M3, and it's not they don't have my number, because a receptionist called to say "someone will be calling me within an hour" that was three weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 04:11 AM   #10
Dr G13
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
sounds good, got all the essentials there. what colour? did you manage to get a discount in the end?
Its graphite metalic, wanted black originally but seen the graphite in person and I was sold!

Got around 400 quid knocked off, not much but the deciding factor was logic 7, out of all the auc cars just now only one or two others have it that were within my budget so I thought what the hell.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 04:12 AM   #11
Dr G13
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
I'm still waiting for a call from one of their sales people re a used M3, and it's not they don't have my number, because a receptionist called to say "someone will be calling me within an hour" that was three weeks ago.
Haha what a joke, they seem to really not know what they are doing at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 04:38 AM   #12
ghosty
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 335d se

Garage List
2008 335d SE  [0.00]
good stuff, main thing is that its within budget and youre happy with the spec. no point spending all that cash if your not totally happy at the end of the day.

keep hanging around in here and talking about cars, it'll make the days pass quicker till you pick her up
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #13
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Car has leather seats, right? What colour?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 06:53 AM   #14
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr G13 View Post
Yeh the funny thing was they didn't even have the logic 7 down on the spec sheet as it was down as prof hifi dsp, which I think is another name for it but I didn't know that untill I got in and put the DAB on and heard noise coming from the middle of the dash, seen the centre speaker and checked to see the other 12 and I was so happy haha.

Oh and the l7 logo on the screen is pretty cool

Never been so excited about a car stereo like this before haha
Spot on, it was called Professional Hifi DSP originally (was on my 56 plate car) which then changed to Logic 7. It's changed again I think to Harman Kardon Surround Sound.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #15
Dr G13
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
Car has leather seats, right? What colour?
Yeh she has jade grey leather, it shows wear and tear more because its a light colour but i'm going to recondition the leather diy next weekend, pretty confident I can get it looking pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #16
Dr G13
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Spot on, it was called Professional Hifi DSP originally (was on my 56 plate car) which then changed to Logic 7. It's changed again I think to Harman Kardon Surround Sound.
I never really got a good chance to blast the system properly purely because I was fighting for a discount and I don't think sales chap was aware it had logic 7 so didn't want to remind him.

I bet it sounds amazing though with 13 speakers it has to!
Appreciate 0