E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Just had the Ventureshield Clear Bra Installed - PICS!

11-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Just had the Ventureshield Clear Bra Installed - PICS!

I bought a 2011 335d a few days ago and the first order of business was to install a clear bra on the hood, bumper, fenders headlights and mirrors. At the recommendation of Cliff at Auto-Aromour I went with the Ventureshield product, which comes with a lifetime warranty. The finish on the Ventureshield by comparison with 3M's other product is very smooth and in no way degrades the brilliance or finish of the factory paint. Below are some pictures of the work in progress and last but certainly not least the finished product. The object in the center of the hood in the last picture identifies where the clear bra stops on the hood and the line is almost invisible to the naked eye. There were two new M3's parked out front of Cliff's shop that just received a full hood and fender wrap and if he hadn't told me that I wouldn't have know and I looked before he told me and looked close.

I give props to Cliff at Auto-Armour in Columbia, MD for doing a fantastic job, probably the best I have seen and I have had clear bras installed on all of my cars going back 12 years to my '99 BMW M Coupe. Cliff removed the grills and the reflectors so that he could wrap the materiel underneath the grill vs leaving a visible edge which if you have had a clear bra installed before you will know the edges can have a tendancey to get dirty over time and even lift. He also wraps the Ventureshield under the hood. The install was very clean.

It's worth mentioning, that before my car even arrived state-side I e-mailed several shops about pricing and Cliff was the only one to respond. He e-mailed me many photos of other BMW's he's worked on, detailed product info and information describing the install process - he was even apologetic for sending to much information. I was surprised because Cliff even followed up with me in an e-mail several weeks after I initailly e-mailed him to check on the status of my car. Needless say Cliff is a professional and communication was excellent. I will let the work speak for itself.

And for anyone who is interested in info or pricing here is Cliff's contact info:

Cliff @ Auto Armour
443-226-4303
e: cliff@parabolica-autosport.com
Attached Images

Last edited by cssnms; 11-15-2010 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
+1 for Cliff at Auto Armour. He did a fantastic job on my M5.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
bimdaddy
Major
Rep
Drives: 911 Carrera & G01 X3

Cliff is a good guy. He did my 335i and ex wife's MB four years ago and the finish is still like new.