E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Boom!, SOS light on, radio off, bluetooth not functioning

01-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
tdog4211
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Thumbs down Boom!, SOS light on, radio off, bluetooth not functioning

and the phrase "no warning tones" on the I-drive screen. Regular radio stations would show on the screen but no sound, and the Sat radio wouldn't even show the stations. When I push the "Tel" button it says bluetooth must be activated, but when I tried to activate it, it goes back to the nav screen.

Was driving along last night and all the sudden I heard a high pitched noise, and the above things occured. Reset I-drive a couple of times as I read that this may help, but no luck. Sounds like it might be the CCC, MOST, or maybe the amp based on my reading.

Took it into the dealer this am and now they want to replace my HPFP with the new one as well and do a software "upgrade." Good Times.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Ouch.....sounds like you know a bit about your car and have made some good theories as to way your car isn't working.

Good luck. At least you're still under warranty?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Joshua240b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Garage List
2011 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdog4211 View Post
and the phrase "no warning tones" on the I-drive screen. Regular radio stations would show on the screen but no sound, and the Sat radio wouldn't even show the stations. When I push the "Tel" button it says bluetooth must be activated, but when I tried to activate it, it goes back to the nav screen.

Was driving along last night and all the sudden I heard a high pitched noise, and the above things occured. Reset I-drive a couple of times as I read that this may help, but no luck. Sounds like it might be the CCC, MOST, or maybe the amp based on my reading.

Took it into the dealer this am and now they want to replace my HPFP with the new one as well and do a software "upgrade." Good Times.
I just got my BMW back a couple of days ago from the dealership that was doing almost the exact same thing as you described above. It turned out to be a bad relay and the CCC. Hope everything works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
tdog4211
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

First 2009 LCI

I had one of the first LCI's in the country, so I've followed the HPFP issue pretty closely. I've been really happy with the performance, so I'm a little hesitant to take the new pump/software update, but at the same time, I have already had one HPFP failure, so what do I have to lose?

As for the electronics issues, should be a fairly straightforward fix, but you never know these days... I'll post a follow-up....
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

well they don't call BMW's for nothing, Broke My Wallet.. if something like this were to happen out of warranty...
Appreciate 0