E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > slight engine hesitation

01-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
kmoghadam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi - SOLD | F30 340i

Garage List
2018 F30 340i  [0.00]
slight engine hesitation

the strangest thing happens from time to time, every now and then while cruising at highway speeds in 6th gear (steptronic - manual mode) between 2000-2500rpms, it feels like the engine hesitates for split second, pulls back then normal, just a slight hesitation, occurring like every 5-10 seconds (even when engine is warmed up), anyone have any idea what this may be or lead to?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

What year is your car? My cousin mentioned the same thing to me about her car (2011 328i sedan), but in her case it was only on a cold start (and it's been quite cold here int the DC area) and she's just using standard D, not the manual automatic.

Mine and my kid's 3ers are 6 MT, and we've not yet had a similar experience with engine lag.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Leo985i
Manhandler
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
dude i pretty much posted this same exact question about 1 month ago. I almost like it was dejavu reading your question LOL.

Anyway, alot of people responded no one really knew what it could be. Some said it was the drive by wire feature causing it... Long story short-- I took it into BMW and a shop foreman test drove it and said it wasnt anything to worry about... Once you dont have any codes being thrown, he said to not really sweat it unless it starts to get really super bad.

Between you and I, i wouldnt sweat it much... your baby is fine! dont worry
My car is all kinds of fuk3d up like that too. I took it to the dealer a couple of weeks ago, but they said they couldn't do anything cus it wasn't throwing codes or misfiring, it hesitates, shudders, shakes between 2500-4000rpms. I got it to throw codes by flooring it between those RPMs until it got worse and worse....Now the car has been at the dealer for over a week. They did a software update, but that didn't fix sh1t, so I had to bring it in again the same night I picked it up. The car has been sitting there longer than a week now....the SA told me they were instructed to move some coils around this time, and that they are still testing it.....I have a love/hate relationship with my car ATM. It's been fuck3ng up so much lately, I gotta at least take it once a month for bu11sh1t.....
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
lisaannejayne
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d

same problems

hey everyone, im new to this site and i think its great and full of great info...ive bought a 07 320d recently and i have too been experiencing this problem, i could be driving it ok and then its like as if it misses a beat or jerks for a second or so..it usually happens in higher gears and seems to be more common when going up a hill or a bit of a climb

i really would like to get to the bottom of it some how and any information would be great on how to do so....it get annoying after a while and takes away from the car...thanks for reading..
Appreciate 0