E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Shady customer rant

Closed Thread

02-12-2011, 04:16 AM   #1
infbp22
Rep
Drives: E30

Shady customer rant

Thanks.

Last edited by infbp22; 02-12-2011 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 04:25 AM   #2
vinlikesred
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i '08

# of shady dealers >>> # of shady customers
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 06:03 AM   #3
bbbradley
Resident Alien
Rep
Drives: A4 for now, Miata for fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinlikesred View Post
# of shady dealers >>> # of shady customers
Dealer sleaze factor is 100x the customer sleaze factor!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

For all who are shady, karma is a bitch.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

What are shady customers? Is the OP a dealership? If so, I'd like to know what franchise so I can send out some reports to DMV and the state atty gen where he is located. I doubt he would man-up and say, however. OP, are you a man, or a mouse?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 07:11 AM   #6
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

^ It is what the OP is describing. People purposefully trying to break their car so it will be fixed under warranty or trying to lemon it.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 07:15 AM   #7
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

^The reason is I take offense to that BMW attitude. My car stalled for no reason for 6 mos. of going to the dealership. On the 4th visit, the dealership duplicated the issue. They had the gall to ask me if the vehicle has ever been in an accident. Where the F*** does this S*** come from? Fix the vehicle, it has a full factory warranty, and btw, no, it's had two dings on the door in its life, which I had fixed by PDR. Don't try to tell me the PDR caused the car to stall. Also, there are no mods except I switched to gray floor mats. The car has a f****** MSD81 DME as well, which detects tunes, does it not? These BMW dealerships who employ HS dropouts watch too much tv, they think they're Chicago detectives when really they ain't all that. They cannot even say they do their jobs well, because if they did, customers' cars would be fixed right the first time.

Again, if the OP is a man, spell out what franchise you work for.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
This is why BMW needs to cost cut. With the boosted engines, modding has become easier and more risky because people want more power and don't research the consequences unsafe boost pressures, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #9
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by infbp22 View Post
1) Please do not try to sabotage your BMW in attempts to get it bought back. Buyers remorse does not pay my bills, in fact it pays zero. Ive seen loosened brake bleeder screws, fuel tank punctures, claims of hybrid AIDS "my car accelerates to 100mph and I crashed into a bush" etc etc.

It's not the 90's anymore. WE CAN TELL WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO GET IT BOUGHT BACK. It makes it a lot harder for people that have legitimate problems that DESERVE to get it bought back.

2) Please do not ask us to make things fail with a hammer when your extended warranty declines to repair intermittent problems. Buy your own hammer.

Thanks.
I do not or will do this to my car. But I have gotten a lot of bs from the dealer. I saw them 9 times in the last 2 months to finally get my radio replaces for a legitimate problem. So my response would be: please honor your warranty, which you have a contractual obligation to do. Please do not tell me you checked any couldn't duplicate my problem when I duplicated it for you when o dropped it off. Please dont tell me that BMW said that my radio is designed to have a short in the volume knob and reset on it's own everyday. Please do not tell me to come back and show a BMW rep that will be in town next week since he has to see and verify the problem. Please don't tell me again after I showed him that you didn't see it, so you have to duplicate it again. When I show you the video of the problem clearly happening and showing proof that it is my car, please don't tell me that it's not good enough and I need to stand there for an hour to do your tech's job and diagnose the car with you. Your tech's lack of desire to spend 30 minutes to an hour working on my car does not pay for my many trips back and forth to your dealership. It also does not pay for my mileage, gas, and time spent away from work and my family. IT IS NOT THE 90's ANYMORE! CUSTOMERS KNOW THAT YOU HAVE EMPLOYEES THAT DON'T FEEL LIKE WORKING ON CERTAIN PROBLEMS AND KNOW THAT TECHS DO HALF ASS WORK! The run around makes honest people want to intentionally break their car in hopes of getting rid of it to avoid this bs in the future. It makes it harder for the honest ones to want to buy a BMW again. It makes me not want to buy am extended warranty when mine is up in 1000 miles because it won't be honored anyway. Oh and I bet it WOULD help pay the SA's bills if he pushed to take care of me during this whole time and ended up selling me a warranty.

2007 335i Jet Black e90 6MT - Eibachs, magnaflow exhaust, carbon hood, short shift kit, some other random stuff - being sold somewhere sometime soon probably

2010 335i AW e90 6 AT Msport - The GF took this one over... JB4, PE exhaust, Koni yellows/Eibachs, pink badges, fuzzy steering wheel cover ?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmo24 View Post
I do not or will do this to my car. But I have gotten a lot of bs from the dealer. I saw them 9 times in the last 2 months to finally get my radio replaces for a legitimate problem. So my response would be: please honor your warranty, which you have a contractual obligation to do. Please do not tell me you checked any couldn't duplicate my problem when I duplicated it for you when o dropped it off. Please dont tell me that BMW said that my radio is designed to have a short in the volume knob and reset on it's own everyday. Please do not tell me to come back and show a BMW rep that will be in town next week since he has to see and verify the problem. Please don't tell me again after I showed him that you didn't see it, so you have to duplicate it again. When I show you the video of the problem clearly happening and showing proof that it is my car, please don't tell me that it's not good enough and I need to stand there for an hour to do your tech's job and diagnose the car with you. Your tech's lack of desire to spend 30 minutes to an hour working on my car does not pay for my many trips back and forth to your dealership. It also does not pay for my mileage, gas, and time spent away from work and my family. IT IS NOT THE 90's ANYMORE! CUSTOMERS KNOW THAT YOU HAVE EMPLOYEES THAT DON'T FEEL LIKE WORKING ON CERTAIN PROBLEMS AND KNOW THAT TECHS DO HALF ASS WORK! The run around makes honest people want to intentionally break their car in hopes of getting rid of it to avoid this bs in the future. It makes it harder for the honest ones to want to buy a BMW again. It makes me not want to buy am extended warranty when mine is up in 1000 miles because it won't be honored anyway. Oh and I bet it WOULD help pay the SA's bills if he pushed to take care of me during this whole time and ended up selling me a warranty.
I see you have an '07....do you still have your new car warranty? Or CPO?

CPO does NOT cover NAV/audio systems.....

BTW, with a faulty radio, there is nothing to diagnose. If it's found to be faulty, they replace the whole HU. A large expense to cover. Especially under CPO, they will be stingy like that.

What was your problem with the HU?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmo24 View Post
I see you have an '07....do you still have your new car warranty? Or CPO?

CPO does NOT cover NAV/audio systems.....

BTW, with a faulty radio, there is nothing to diagnose. If it's found to be faulty, they replace the whole HU. A large expense to cover. Especially under CPO, they will be stingy like that.

What was your problem with the HU?
The radio volume knob had a short i turned it down and it went up as loud as it would go. Also, it would reset the bass and treble settings and radio presets about once a day. I have factory warranty for another 1000 miles and until the end of this month. After countless hours spent and 9 trips to the dealer trying to prove my case, they finally replaced the head unit. It should have been done the first time when the SA saw it happen. But for some reason (trying to get me to live with the problem vs actually taking a hit and fixing it) they made me go through Hell proving my case to numerous people. Due to that service, I will not buy an extended warranty since I don't have faith that it will get taken care of. I should not have to fight to get warranty service done. And I sure as Hell should not be doing their job and troubleshooting it for them.

2007 335i Jet Black e90 6MT - Eibachs, magnaflow exhaust, carbon hood, short shift kit, some other random stuff - being sold somewhere sometime soon probably

2010 335i AW e90 6 AT Msport - The GF took this one over... JB4, PE exhaust, Koni yellows/Eibachs, pink badges, fuzzy steering wheel cover ?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread