E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > European Delivery production question

03-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
European Delivery production question

I ordered my 328i Wagon last month for ED at the end of July. I have the production number, but no production week yet. For an order so far in advance, will BMW build the car ASAP and store it, or will they wait until much closer to the delivery date? Also, how does the model year change-over enter into this? Will 2012 production start sometime in March?

My CA has never done an ED before, and is a bit clueless.

Thanks!

-Kevin
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
aljlin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
I ordered my 328i Wagon last month for ED at the end of July. I have the production number, but no production week yet. For an order so far in advance, will BMW build the car ASAP and store it, or will they wait until much closer to the delivery date? Also, how does the model year change-over enter into this? Will 2012 production start sometime in March?

My CA has never done an ED before, and is a bit clueless.

Thanks!

-Kevin
Most likely they will build it sometime closer to the ED date. Mine was built a few weeks before. I would be surprised that they wouldn't just wait until it gets closer.

2012 production does not start in March. If you look at the top of this subforum, you can see March 2011 production updates, which have already been announced and the production month changes have gone into affect at this point. They did not change it to model year though. I think you won't have to worry much about the model year changes at this point... E92/E93's, from all indication looks like the model year will change sometime in the fall (September timeframe), and it's still unknown for sure if 2012 will be a short-ish e90 model year, or it will switch to the new F30 platform. Only time will tell regarding the plans for the 3-series sedan&wagon.

When you do receive your car after you drop your car off for ED, the model year might have changed at that point, but it, obviously would be too late and you will have enjoyed the fun experience in europe with your new car! :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
m_thompson
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M-Sport 128i, 328xi, 3.0CS

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
1972 3.0CS  [10.00]
My was also a July ED. The car was manufactured about two weeks before delivery.