E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > window trim

05-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
pdips
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP

window trim

if i want to paint my windown trim, what the easiest way to take it off the car without damaging it? is there a DIY for this? any help appreciated

thanks
      05-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
TXe92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

lots of DYI.. just search.. you CAN paint.. but a vinyl would be better long term..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
pdips
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

idk i just wanna take it off and paint it the right way...i hate taping up my whole car lol
      05-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

The window trim is not hard to remove at all, I don't know why people think it is.

The top piece that wraps to about halfway down the rear window pulls straight off toward you, and just a bit up. It might take a little effort, and be careful to spread out your grip so that there is no damage done to the trim. The trim under the rear windows slides toward the front of the car once the top piece has been removed. The door piece is removed by taking off the door panel and the mirror, which has been documented well in the BSW speaker installation DIY video, and then pulling the trim straight up.

Reinstallation is the reverse.

EDIT: OOPS didn't realize you have a sedan. That has been covered on this board before, and from what I understand it is even easier than the coupe. I scoured the net for instructions for the coupe and ended up sending out a bunch of PM's to people just to get the information. The e90 has a DIY, just search for it.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
pdips
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplaya06 View Post
The window trim is not hard to remove at all, I don't know why people think it is.

The top piece that wraps to about halfway down the rear window pulls straight off toward you, and just a bit up. It might take a little effort, and be careful to spread out your grip so that there is no damage done to the trim. The trim under the rear windows slides toward the front of the car once the top piece has been removed. The door piece is removed by taking off the door panel and the mirror, which has been documented well in the BSW speaker installation DIY video, and then pulling the trim straight up.

Reinstallation is the reverse.

EDIT: OOPS didn't realize you have a sedan. That has been covered on this board before, and from what I understand it is even easier than the coupe. I scoured the net for instructions for the coupe and ended up sending out a bunch of PM's to people just to get the information. The e90 has a DIY, just search for it.
ohhh thanks! i figured it cant really be that hard its simple i would assume but i'll continue to search! lol