E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ECU chip for 328i

08-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
Richswag
Rep
Drives: 328i vert

ECU chip for 328i

Hi guys I\'m new to this forum. I just got a 2011 328i vert. My parents leased it for me. My question is, is it worth it to chip this car on a lease. I\'m used to driving my dads Porsche so this car is extremely underpowered to me. I wouldn\'t have a problem with taking it out every time I go in for service. But how significant is the power gain, and what chip is recommended for my car?
Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
ttam
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet movie theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richswag View Post
Hi guys I\'m new to this forum. I just got a 2011 328i vert. My parents leased it for me. My question is, is it worth it to chip this car on a lease. I\'m used to driving my dads Porsche so this car is extremely underpowered to me. I wouldn\'t have a problem with taking it out every time I go in for service. But how significant is the power gain, and what chip is recommended for my car?
Thanks in advance!
you would probably want something that you can put in and pull out once the lease is done with. Also, you would probably want something that wouldn't void the current warranty you have. So, that would probably be the BMS PBX. It changes the way it feels but I don't think it would turn it into a Porsche
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
t1mmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2008 Sport

Quote:
Thanks in advance!
Love the transparancy buddy, even though you might get flamed as a 'rich spoiled kid'. Well done

Agree with PBX. Do a quick search and you'll get tons of information on it. You can get it used for a good price, too
      08-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Richswag
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam View Post
you would probably want something that you can put in and pull out once the lease is done with. Also, you would probably want something that wouldn't void the current warranty you have. So, that would probably be the BMS PBX. It changes the way it feels but I don't think it would turn it into a Porsche
believe me i wasn't looking for the porsche performance.. But just something a little upgraded. Thank you very much for your input ill be looking into it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
Richswag
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mmy View Post
Love the transparancy buddy, even though you might get flamed as a 'rich spoiled kid'. Well done

Agree with PBX. Do a quick search and you'll get tons of information on it. You can get it used for a good price, too
haha thanks. And its ok though I worked for my car. My parents said if I pulled off a certain GPA i would get the car, and they got it for me. And yea im going to look up that now.. thanks again
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
OlivaresAnthony
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4

Garage List
Look into the ESS tune with the flashing tool that lets you flash your ECU back to stock when needed.
E90 325i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|Steptronic|Black Leatherette/Dark Burl Interior|OEM Alarm|35%Front/5%Rear Tint|RD LED License Plate Lights|Rear Fogs Activated|Debadged|Smoked Sidemarkers|Blacklines|Depo P90v2|Matte Black Grille|BMS PBX|AFE Drop In|Charcoal Filter Delete|Air Scoops| RM Silicone Intake Hose| Magnaflow 14815| 19" Avant Garde M310|Continental DWS|M3 Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
Richswag
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivaresAnthony View Post
Look into the ESS tune with the flashing tool that lets you flash your ECU back to stock when needed.
That would be great. But the only problem is that it is way out of my price range. Thank you very much though
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #8
C ///M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 M3 & '07 X3 M-Sport

Garage List
If you want the best gain you can get, just go with the AA Tune. Also, you won't have to worry about removing anything when you turn the car in. The only downside is you won't be able to get a couple bucks back by selling the tune since it will stay with the car.

You won't have any problems going in for service with the tune either, except if the dealer gives you a new flash for an ecu update, you'll probably lose the tune and have to get it re-flashed.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #9
Richswag
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C ///M View Post
If you want the best gain you can get, just go with the AA Tune. Also, you won't have to worry about removing anything when you turn the car in. The only downside is you won't be able to get a couple bucks back by selling the tune since it will stay with the car.

You won't have any problems going in for service with the tune either, except if the dealer gives you a new flash for an ecu update, you'll probably lose the tune and have to get it re-flashed.
oh. around how much would this cost and when you have to get it re-flashed are you charged for it?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 02:10 AM   #10
moczak
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi coupe

1 interested
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 02:12 AM   #11
moczak
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi coupe

Sorry meant to put 1 (plus 1)
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #12
tamster00
Uhh, Hi =)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 335i, 12' Fit Sport

Price for the AA tune varies. Its anywhere from 450-600, but since you're on a car that's leased, I would go with the BMS Power Box since its under $300, its plug and play, and at a later time you can sell it after the lease is up. With the AA tune, you can't resell it.

Now - 11' E90 335i Performance Edition|Space Gray Metallic|Sport|Premium|Navigation|Steptronic|JB4|E R Charge Pipe|HP Autowerks Foam Filter
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
tamster00
Uhh, Hi =)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 335i, 12' Fit Sport

Quote:
oh. around how much would this cost and when you have to get it re-flashed are you charged for it?
Reflash is one free, and after is discounted.

Now - 11' E90 335i Performance Edition|Space Gray Metallic|Sport|Premium|Navigation|Steptronic|JB4|E R Charge Pipe|HP Autowerks Foam Filter
Appreciate 0