E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New car on order

09-25-2011, 03:46 AM   #1
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 33I M-Sport Dec'11

Well I have taken the plunge and ordered a car with a slightly daring colour scheme.

Mineral White with Oyster leather and Burr Walnut trim. Just didn’t want Coral again as it would feel like sitting in my old car.

Call it arrogance, stupidity, confidence, daring or just plain different, but everyone’s tastes vary.

I actually think that it looks ok as the black does break up the colours a bit. Sample pics attached from another site.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...488&highlight=

Anyway, spec as follows:-

E93 335i M-Sport
DCT
19" 313's
Full Media Package includes
- Professional Nav
- Bluetooth Phone Prep + telematics
- Online Portal
- Voice Control
Telephone USB Audio interface
Mobile Application Preparation
Comfort Access
Folding Mirrors
PDC (Front and rear)
Heated Seats
Iphone 4 cradle
Harman/Karman surround sound

It’s my final fling with a 'vert before I move to a beefy 5-series.

Bearing in mind that BMW pushing offers on the likes of M3’s and 5 series GT’s and not 335i’s I think I got a good deal.

List price was just over £51,000 and after three visits to my local dealer, dangling my cheque book as a carrot, the dealer/BMW support discounted the car down to over £41,000 resulting in a 20% discount. It’s a lease/purchase deal over 42 months with a £4,200 depo and payments of just over £650 a month over 42 months. I can VT it after 31 months and just walk away with no penalty. I slapped a £1,000 deposit down plus the £500 goodwill payment that BMW customer services gave me when I complained about my current car being off the road for a month with a leaky roof.

Anyway, the price may sound a lot but believe me guys, I shopped around for AUC cars and to purchase or lease an AUC car between 3 and 18 months old with a lower spec was nearly £200 a month more than the car I have ordered.

Three dealers told me that BMW are pushing to get as much new metal on the road as they can and that’s why the new car deals are so good. God only knows how residual values on used cars will be affected in due course with so many good new car discounts available.

Anyway, the car should be here first week of December so a nice early xmas pressie.

Kev
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
MickyD'bo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 335d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by atariboy View Post
Well I have taken the plunge and ordered a car with a slightly daring colour scheme.

Mineral White with Oyster leather and Burr Walnut trim. Just didn’t want Coral again as it would feel like sitting in my old car.

Call it arrogance, stupidity, confidence, daring or just plain different, but everyone’s tastes vary.

I actually think that it looks ok as the black does break up the colours a bit. Sample pics attached from another site.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...488&highlight=

Anyway, spec as follows:-

E93 335i M-Sport
DCT
19" 313's
Full Media Package includes
- Professional Nav
- Bluetooth Phone Prep + telematics
- Online Portal
- Voice Control
Telephone USB Audio interface
Mobile Application Preparation
Comfort Access
Folding Mirrors
PDC (Front and rear)
Heated Seats
Iphone 4 cradle
Harman/Karman surround sound

It’s my final fling with a 'vert before I move to a beefy 5-series.

Bearing in mind that BMW pushing offers on the likes of M3’s and 5 series GT’s and not 335i’s I think I got a good deal.

List price was just over £51,000 and after three visits to my local dealer, dangling my cheque book as a carrot, the dealer/BMW support discounted the car down to over £41,000 resulting in a 20% discount. It’s a lease/purchase deal over 42 months with a £4,200 depo and payments of just over £650 a month over 42 months. I can VT it after 31 months and just walk away with no penalty. I slapped a £1,000 deposit down plus the £500 goodwill payment that BMW customer services gave me when I complained about my current car being off the road for a month with a leaky roof.

Anyway, the price may sound a lot but believe me guys, I shopped around for AUC cars and to purchase or lease an AUC car between 3 and 18 months old with a lower spec was nearly £200 a month more than the car I have ordered.

Three dealers told me that BMW are pushing to get as much new metal on the road as they can and that’s why the new car deals are so good. God only knows how residual values on used cars will be affected in due course with so many good new car discounts available.

Anyway, the car should be here first week of December so a nice early xmas pressie.

Kev
Sounds awesome mate. But after the 31 months, including depo and payments it will have cost you £785 per month (£24,350) and you walk away? That's a hell of a lot of cash!! Would a contract hire for 4 years not be a cheaper option?Hey, but enjoy!!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 04:26 AM   #3
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo9 View Post
Sounds awesome mate. But after the 31 months, including depo and payments it will have cost you £785 per month (£24,350) and you walk away? That's a hell of a lot of cash!! Would a contract hire for 4 years not be a cheaper option?Hey, but enjoy!!
I looked at all options including contract hire and spoke to loads of leasing companies but could not make the figures match. I really wanted to terminate the car sometime between 2 and 2 and a half years and the costs on a two year contract hire was well over 800 quid a month. I get bored of cars after a couple of years lol
With payments of £650 a month I can easily put aside a fresh deposit for my next car. House is paid off so I have disposable income for new toys.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 04:48 AM   #4
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseasel View Post
i can tell you exactly how used residuals are going to be affected.

£31500 Dealer guide price for £25500 about 5-6k off more than you would normally get.

18 months old 7 miles.
If I had bought the car with cash and two years later, traded it in for another new one, I would still have to save over £700 a month to make up the difference.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 05:07 AM   #5
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Sounds like a nice car and I have seen White and oyster and it looks good. The only thing I would change is the burr walnut, I would put a black/dark wood in at it will look really good with the oyster.

Some deals are very good at the mo, what was the apr BMW did for you? I prefer owning a car like this, you know how much its going to cost you you don't have to worry about selling etc... It's quite a nice feeling to just have the car, enjoy it and then get a new one :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 05:14 AM   #6
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Sounds like a nice car and I have seen White and oyster and it looks good. The only thing I would change is the burr walnut, I would put a black/dark wood in at it will look really good with the oyster.

Some deals are very good at the mo, what was the apr BMW did for you? I prefer owning a car like this, you know how much its going to cost you you don't have to worry about selling etc... It's quite a nice feeling to just have the car, enjoy it and then get a new one :-)
I did look at Piano black but some guys here thinks that it scratches easily.

I know that the monthlies seem like a lot to pay out but I budget for that knowing that if anything goes wrong with the car then it is covered under the manufacturer warranty so no nasty suprises to worry about
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

They do black ash wood, I would get that, the burr is brown and you have then added another colour and I think it will clash.

I love white with oyster, but needs black trim imho.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #8
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Nice car, do they still make the dark poplar wood? I have seen Z4s in white with the upgraded white interior with dark wood and they look fab.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3123734.htm
      09-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Great specs, your love it for sure

Still didn't realise you could spec a non M badged 3 series to over £50K!!! Makes the new M5 at £73K seem like a bit of a bargin
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #10
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The extras come to well over £4,000. HK Surround sound cost a fortune and comfort access was over £500. I wasnt really bothered about not using the key fob to open the doors but what I hate about my current E93 is having to sit in the car with the ignition on to close the roof. Comfort access allows me to close the roof whilst outside the car.

They do the anthracite maple that is another £285 or anthracite bamboo which is the same price as the Walnut. Just had a look on the configurator and it does look really nice with the anthracite bamboo. I just thought that the Walnut broke up the dash a little otherwise it looks completely black.

Need to think about that. Might have to give the dealer a call tomorrow lol. I have 4 weeks before the build date.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
Baby Dave
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 320d m sport

Sounds a nice car
      09-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Will be the bowlacks
      09-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #13
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Nice spec & colours. +1 on going for black wood trim.

Check these....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375104

Ps the novelty of remote roof closing soon wears off in my experience (std on SL500) if you fancy saving some dough.
      09-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #14
jonw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 Comp Gran Coupe & X5 MSport

Garage List
Great spec almost identical to mine bar the HK.
Voice control is utter shite though imo.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #15
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
Nice spec & colours. +1 on going for black wood trim.

Check these....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375104

Ps the novelty of remote roof closing soon wears off in my experience (std on SL500) if you fancy saving some dough.
Thanks guys. I think you have all convinced me to go for a darker trim. It does look better so I will call the dealer in the morning.

Yeah, I did hear the voice control sucks, Jon. Bit of novelty really. I doubt if I will use it much.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #16
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonw View Post
Great spec almost identical to mine bar the HK.
Voice control is utter shite though imo.
Voice can be handy for getting back to map display etc. No matter where you are in i-drive you can make it goto you favoured map display for nav. Also useful for telephone - calling names in the phonebook - in my experience.
      09-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #17
jonw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 Comp Gran Coupe & X5 MSport

Garage List
I was hoping the phonebook voice control would be good but find it very frustrating.
And having to wait for the bloody beep to speak is another pain.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #18
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Voice can be handy for getting back to map display etc. No matter where you are in i-drive you can make it goto you favoured map display for nav. Also useful for telephone - calling names in the phonebook - in my experience.
Can you use the shortcut function to get back to the maps?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #19
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atariboy View Post
Can you use the shortcut function to get back to the maps?
You mean pressing the 'nav' hot key on the controller?

Don't know, but would make sense. I know that selecting nav normally on the main idrive menu only does that if you are actually navigating - if you are not it takes you to the nav selection screen, which is then still several clicks to get the map back. A pain. This is when pressing the voice button and just saying 'perspective' is much a quicker & easier way back to the 3D map view. Voice is genuinely useful in such cases.
      09-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #20
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

So to the OP, where did you get the car from in the end?

Edit, just re-read your post and you said "local dealer". Well done from getting a good deal from them cos they were useless for me hence why I went to Wood in Hampshire. Mind you, I dealt with them only on the phone. Maybe if I'd have turned up in person they may have done a better deal. Having said that they were £1.5K short on the part ex compared to Wood so they would have had to move an awful lot of their deal to match Wood.

Anyway, sounds like you got a good deal.

Last edited by dopper99; 09-29-2011 at 02:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #21
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Great spec and choice of colours.
There's a smoking hot chick in my serviced office building that has that exact car - looks great (so does the car )

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #22
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport E91

Quote:
You mean pressing the 'nav' hot key on the controller?

Don't know, but would make sense. I know that selecting nav normally on the main idrive menu only does that if you are actually navigating - if you are not it takes you to the nav selection screen, which is then still several clicks to get the map back. A pain. This is when pressing the voice button and just saying 'perspective' is much a quicker & easier way back to the 3D map view. Voice is genuinely useful in such cases.
My BMW doesn’t understand perspective in a Scottish accent (Glaswegian), What’s up with MAP??
Agree with the dark would, Cracking looking car but 51K for a E93

Do your monthly payments include insurance, road tax and maintenance?
Appreciate 0