E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Winter tyre fitters and wheel alignment in leeds

10-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
lovemybmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d SE 2006

Winter tyre fitters and wheel alignment in leeds

Afternoon all,

That time of the year and I've just had my winter tyres delivered to me in excellent condition from mytyres, however can anyone recommend a good fitter in Leeds, who won't damage/break/ruin anything in the process?

Happy for any recommendations around West Yorkshire area aswell, however they must be able to fit tyres not purchased from them and also if they do wheel alignment that would be even better.

Very suprising just how little there is when doing a google search for recommended tyre fitters.

Thanks for your help

P.s they are nokian wr g2 205/55/16
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
lovemybmw
Private
Rep

There must be a good fitter in Leeds, where's does everyone go?lol
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
lovemybmw
Private
Rep

The below is a copy of my post on my other thread, however have copied it below here in case anyone looks at this thread and is also looking for a fitter and wheel alignment in Leeds

Ok so that nokian winter tyres went on yesterday, feel spongy but only cos they're new, so where did I get them done? I was going to take them to alba tyres, only because of cost and they said they would fit my own tyres as well as do 4 wheel alignment. However I do prefer to go by recommendations and a friend of mine recomended allcar tyres and exhausts on Leeds road in huddersfield and they also have a hunter machine set up.

Called them booked in for yesterday (11am) and I must say they did a great job of fitting my winter tyres and 4 wheel alignment. It took them just over an hour and a half and I was able to wait in comfy waiting area and also watch them if I wanted to.

Cost was £50 to fit my tyres £12.50 per tyre to be fitted, balanced and old tyre disposal, a tad expensive however they did a good job and it was £65 for all four wheels to be aligned using the hunter hawk eye machine and they provided a before and after printout and like I said it took them an hour and a half. Great job overall.

The only feedback I'd give is that it would have been nice if the chap who did the alignment came and spoke to me after and explained what he found and talked me through the before and after results rather than the very nice chap in reception handing me the printouts and saying that there were adjustments required. However I guess I could have asked for an explanation of the results myself, so learning curve for me. Apart from that great service and I've added link before for anyone interested.

Www.Allcartyres.com

Thanks and hope this helps
Appreciate 0