E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Lease End Wear and Tear

12-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
armenh
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Lease End Wear and Tear

I returned my old e90 335 and had an inspection done at center bmw. The total wear and tear charge came out to be $400. While I was at the dealer I was told I can get a mileage credit on the car for up to $200 if the mileage was within 87-90 percent of the lease contract miles. And that is in fact the case for my car. I did call BMWFS while at the dealer to verify this was the case and was told that in fact that is how they work.

So we agreed on this total and went ahead and signed knowing that I would get the adjustment afterwards. Now BMWFS is not honoring this and saying that the car could not be returned before the lease expires and should be after the lease ends in order to get this credit. Keep in mind we turned in the car early and purchased another BMW from another dealer. They added the 3 months worth of payments to the cap cost of the car. I will be speaking to the manager tomorrow to help resolve this issue. Any suggestions or thoughts on how I should handle this?
      12-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
mjsbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 535xi Luxury

Who told you that the 3 months were going to be waived? Not aware of a formal pull ahead program at this time. But if the dealer said he will absorb the 3 months in your deal, make sure they honor it. If nothing was in writing, you might have some hurdles to overcome.

Mark
Appreciate 0