E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Noob Insurance Question

05-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
MasterWang
Captain
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Noob Insurance Question

So I got a tow hook damage on my front bumper and a dented hood around the emblem. This was my first accident so I have no clue what I'm doing with the insurance and all.
From the 10 minutes conversation with the lady from my insurance, she said I get my car inspected by their adjuster, and get a check for that amount minus the $500 deductible.
The thing is, she said since I got a loan for the car and am still paying for it, they won't give me the whole check under my name but will give it to the shop or something like that.
My question is...instead of just "repairing" the current front bumper on my car, can I go through insurance and just get a new bumper? (prob m3 style front bumper from **********s)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

That sucks to hear. Yea, you should be able to get the money through insurance but will have to pay more out of pocket to get the bumper probably
Appreciate 0