E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Play / slack in the seat mechanism

07-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
Jat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

Play / slack in the seat mechanism

So bit of an odd one here.

I noticed that under certain conditions (hard braking or acceleration), my drivers seat rocks a little forwards and backwards. Only a few mm I would say, but you feel it.

It is like as thought a bushing or such like has worn or is missing. The seats are manual, electric bolsters and with seat heating.

Anyone heard of this type of issue, or have any advice on fixing it? Also, I think it may only be an issue when the seat is in the lowest position - but would need to recheck that (if it makes any difference).

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #2
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Have you ever removed the seat?
I would double check the tightness of the 4 bolts under neath (think they are torx screws)
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Jat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

I have not removed the seat, not sure about prior owners/work. I will check the bolts, but it does not feel like the rails are not secure, more like the runner/mechanism that move along the rail has play in it.

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Appreciate 0