E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW Diagnostic Package

10-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Zajac1
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328i MT

BMW Diagnostic Package

I'm looking for some good Diagnostic Package to coding my and friends cars.
This one looks good for me :
http://www.euautohaus.com/product.php?id_product=25
Is anybody used this one ??
some others ??
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
Dr.GumbyM.D.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY!

Buy a few of the ~$20 cables off ebay until one works if the first one doesn't work. The software is always a crapshoot getting it working on your computer. If these were their software, and they provided support, that's one thing, but all of these companies are selling fake copies of BMW's software (INPA) which is already available online anyway.

I bought the $100 cable that everyone in the coding forum suggested, and while it works, the software is the hardest part to get working consistently IMO, and I could have had the same trouble had I just gone with the $5-20 cables off ebay. I doubt that this package will work out of the box without you doing a lot of legwork yourself, so why not go through the same hassle for a whole lot less money by just downloading it yourself.

Not particularly helpful opinion, but I'd recommend hooking up with either A. someone locally who is doing it, find out what has worked for them, duplicate it, or B. follow the BMW coding forum closely and find something that works, but at least you'll be going into it with an informed basis, versus buying this, expecting it to work, and ending up at my recommendation B. anyway, just out $250.