F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Need advice on Broken Headlight Assembly
GetBMWParts

05-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
mjmonjure
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Need advice on Broken Headlight Assembly

In my quest to replace the low beam halogen bulbs (with Morimoto HID's), I managed to separate the reflector sub assembly from the headlight assembly. I have a feeling I'll have to buy the $400+ headlight and pay a pretty penny to have my dealer replace it. I can't find a repair manual or anything online that shows how to remove and replace the headlights on an F30.

The front trim over the kidney grills looked like it would be easy to remove until I got all the star bolts off, then it seems it is somehow attached to the grills, which are somehow attached to the front bumper cover...

Are these headlights easy to take out or should I just bite the bullet and pay the dealer to do it. And, the big question. I was successful in installing the driver's side HID and ballast, its the passenger side I screwed up. Do I need to pull the HID on the driver's side before bringing it in to the dealer? Of course I am not going to claim warranty or anything, but I have heard how warranties can be voided (entire warranty) when original equipment is replaced with after market. Any advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0