E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Weird Noise on my E92

10-25-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
Bmrboy
Rep
Drives: 2005 Lotus Elise

Weird Noise on my E92

Hey all,

I was hoping some of you could help me out. I've been hearing a couple weird noises on my E92 for the last couple months.

First noise almost sounds like a light scraping. Almost like if there was a coin sliding under the carpet from the back to the front (if I could describe it). Anyway, it happens when I accelerate from a dead stop (not all the time)..and then it happens sometimes when i'm braking. Now I thought I might be rubbing. I have the ET30 M6 replicas (Miro) in 19"...and I checked the wheel wells and don't see any marks or anything like that...could it be rubbing elsewhere? Something that I might be missing?

The next noise is a squeak and it happens when driving under 15 mph..almost sounds like suspension but I think some have pointed out here that it has to do with the braking system..rotors or pads or something about dust getting in there?

Anyways, if anyone can shed some light on this for me..I would really appreciate it. I don't want to take the car to the dealer and have them tell me that the wheels/tires are causing the problem and then blame me for everything..you know how they like to do that.

Happy motoring,

Bmr
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmrboy View Post
First noise almost sounds like a light scraping. Almost like if there was a coin sliding under the carpet from the back to the front (if I could describe it).
It is exactly what it sounds like. There are air vents under each seat that don't have grates on them and if a coin gets into one it will make the sounds you describe. They are rather difficult to get out because you need to do some disassembly to get at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0