E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I recently ordered my 335i e92

10-29-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
FlagBonz
AUSTIN STRONG!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80/M3 AY

I recently ordered my 335i e92

I have been hanging around e90post for a few months.

Last week I ordered my 335i e92. I live about 2 hours from the nearest BMW dealer. Checking out the threads on e90post has really helped out my decision making.

My car is:

e92 335i
Ti:Ag
Black/Gray Poplar
Step and Paddles
Sports
Premium
Navi
Cold Weather
iPod adapt
Sirius
HD radio
Comf Acc
SunShade
OEM aerokit
.......tried to order the 19"230s, but as you know, the website falsly shows this as a US option.

I pretty much got every option except for dynamic cruise and active steering.

Planning on having the dealer install Clearshield Bra and Drei Tint

I cannot wait....

One problem: I will probably have a bunch of snow on the ground when the car is ready. I plan to get 19" summers and pull the RFT tires off the stock 18" and put winter tires on. The driver home may be dangerous.

Has anyone been able to get the dealer to swap out summer tires for winter tires?

Planned mods: 19" forged/lightweight wheels, LSD, lip spoiler
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
blueaudi18
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 08' 335i , mb sl500

they have the tools but you need to deal with them before you sign anything first. Or jsut out right pay them for it... i made that part of the deal when i pick up my car this december...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 12:51 AM   #3
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagBonz View Post

My car is:

e92 335i

Black/Gray Poplar

.......tried to order the 19"230s, but as you know, the website falsly shows this as a US option.

Planning on having the dealer install Clearshield Bra and Drei Tint
Congrats on the new car

Which dealership did you go through?

Couple of comments from my experiences:

1.) Black Dakota and Grey Poplar is awesome - great choice. Creates a really sexy interior. As dark as you can get without the Piano Black trim. I love mine, and despite being in southern AZ, I made it through 115 degree days with little trouble (the A/C is very good).

2.) The Style 230 rims are obtainable (and ROCK by the way), but have to be special ordered. My dealer was able to locate a set in the USA and sold them to me for a fair price. They're not cheap but if you sell the stock rims/tires you can minimize the cost. I wrapped mine with one of the stickiest tires around, the Michelin PS2's. I don't have issues with excessive tire spin LOL...

3.) I had a negative experience with Clearshield. Others have had better. In my case, I couldn't live with the orange-peel texture of the film because it really showed up on my Black Sapphire and it just didn't look good. Ultimately I had the dealer remove it and refund my money. I ended up with the 3M film which is thinner but looks 100% better and can be polished to remove blemishes. I used an installer who uses the Xpel system. They have a pattern for the hood called the "bikini cut" which has a slight curve to it which follows the hood line and looks fantastic. All of the corners are rounded. They also have a pattern for the OEM Front Lip (which I got) which your post said you would have. Clearshield had no pattern for the OEM lip at all. I am 100% satisfied with the 3M film, and my installer Protective Film Solutions located in the same dealership complex as North Scottsdale BMW.

PM me if you need any info or the contact at Protective Film Solutions.

Good luck with the car!! (I don't envy your wait!!!)
      10-30-2007, 07:27 AM   #4
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

U don't need HD radio or Sirius...i never used mine...the 6FL ipod will own both of those....just put all ur music into a jump drive and ur good...

I ordered mine last week, it's in production already....so BMW is cranking them out pretty quick...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #5
FlagBonz
AUSTIN STRONG!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80/M3 AY

Thanks for the comments.

Frag: I misspoke - the dealer (BMW North Scottsdale) is planning on putting on Utra Shield (Clear Bra) - not sure whose product this is. I can cancle the add ons if necesary. BTW, your car is awesome - wish I could get the 230s with out a huge hassel. Maybe some Morr VS7s....

Spool: I am really looking forward to the iPod interface! I have XM and really like it....Some of the new artist stations are great - lots of bands you've never hear of....
Appreciate 0