F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Can't decide between Eisenmann, Meisterschaft and Akrapovic on F32 435iA
ARMA SPEED
View Poll Results: Which exhaust system should I go with on the F32 435iA?
Eisenmann Race 16 15.53%
Meisterschaft Super GT SUS 23 22.33%
Akrapovic EVO 64 62.14%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

12-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
Can't decide between Eisenmann, Meisterschaft and Akrapovic on F32 435iA

I'm ready to go for an aftermarket exhaust for my 435iA, but I'm having trouble deciding between the Eisenmann Race, Meisterschaft Super GT SUS and Akrapovic. The performance gains of all 3 systems are pretty modest. This is however not a major concern as this car is not gonna go on a track. I'm comfortable with anything that's not worse performancewise than the OE. I am however, more concern with the sound. The stock exhaust is basically silent IMO. I've been reading around and here's what I gathered (I'm not sure whether they are accurate).

Eisenmann:
It has a loudness between the Meisterschaft and the Akrapovic. It has higher back pressure than the Meisterschaft, which is suppose to be better for low end torque as it "prevents uncombusted gas-air mixture escaping the opened valve". I have no clue whether this is true.

Meisterschaft:
Loudest if the 3 and has the lowest back pressure. This is suppose to be good as turbo cars can't benefit from the scavenging effect. I got this idea from http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/freq...kpressure.html, which seems to be legit.

Akrapovic:
I downloaded their app on iPhone and their sample sound clip doesn't sound too different from the stock exhaust. I've also been told that it is the quietest of these 3 systems. The advantage is that it is very similar to the OE system, making it very easy to install and should be issue-free.

I really can't decide between the 3 and I'm looking for some advice. Thanks!

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Akrapovic! It might have a similar tone compared to stock. But it sounds wicked and louder and it has no drone whatsoever that the other suffer from (especially Meisterschaft that is just loud, no finesse at all). Easy choice!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
adel335i
Enlisted Member
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I also downloaded the Akrapovic app and watched the videos in the thread posted by Rossifumi earlier but only decided to install the Akrapovic when I heard one in person. It is completely different when you hear hit live! I'm sure you will like it, especially with the burble and the gear shifts at high RPM. I didn't hear the other two exhaust so can't compare them with the Akrapovic. And plus you forgot the Carbon Fiber exhaust tips on the Akrapovic gives the car a sexy look.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adel335i View Post
I also downloaded the Akrapovic app and watched the videos in the thread posted by Rossifumi earlier but only decided to install the Akrapovic when I heard one in person. It is completely different when you hear hit live! I'm sure you will like it, especially with the burble and the gear shifts at high RPM. I didn't hear the other two exhaust so can't compare them with the Akrapovic. And plus you forgot the Carbon Fiber exhaust tips on the Akrapovic gives the car a sexy look.
Yeah, my videos don't do it justice. It was just a few miles on it then, it has opened up a lot more since then.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

well Eisenmann: are good but its a Muffler only for 2300$ i guess for the standard tips, nice improvement on sound but no valve not sure if it gonna be fine if you're willing to install downpipe later.

Meisterschaft are so loud so many people reported that and drones but its fun for tracking imo am sure about that but not for daily drivining.

Akrapovic : full catback system ,100% reversible ..sounds similar to stock but louderr+deeper.. yeah its pricey but you get what you pay for..

**I haven't heard any of them in person**
**i'd go for Akrapovic , actually i'm about to buy one but afraid with the downpipe it will be loud just flipping my coins atm :\**
      12-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
adel335i
Enlisted Member
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Yeah, my videos don't do it justice. It was just a few miles on it then, it has opened up a lot more since then.
Your thread tempted me to go to my dealer and ask for a test drive and hear it in action!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adel335i View Post
Your thread tempted me to go to my dealer and ask for a test drive and hear it in action!
lucky in Abu Dhabi and Dubai the BMW dealer is an Akrapovic dealer .. Q_Q my dealer is so shit in here ...
      12-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

I have the meisterschaft gt...I would say get the akra if you can afford it and want no drone/ max everyday comfort. That is the one negative for the gt haus systems...but In terms of pure fun/sound you cant beat the meisterschaft...make sure you get the full cat back though.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
Agamemnon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 ss2 zcp full leather

Vote for the Akra here. I have had one on since July and absolutely love the way it sounds - sounds almost stock when in comfort mode - pop it into sport mode and a whole different deal - just the right amount of aggressive sound & burble. And the pops on full throttle upshifts - just never get tired of that!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #10
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4

Garage List
2022 M4  [0.00]
You should consider the m performance exhaust
      12-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait View Post
Eisenmann: are good but its a Muffler only for 2300$ i guess for the standard tips, nice improvement on sound but no valve not sure if it gonna be fine if you're willing to install downpipe later.
I was told that the Eisenmann is a cat-back and includes the mid-pipe. Also, what's the downpipe? Is it the part just before the cat or does it replaces the cat?

Quote:
Meisterschaft are so loud so many people reported that and drones...
What exactly is droning? I've seen these term all over exhaust forums but have no idea what to expect it to be.

Quote:
Akrapovic : full catback system ,100% reversible ..sounds similar to stock but louder+deeper. yeah its pricey but you get what you pay for.
Does this mean that the other 2 system I'm looking at will require cutting and thus not reversible? Also, from what I've been quoted, the pricing of the systems are as follows: Eisenmann is the most economical at $2,600, Meisterschaft at $3,350 and the Akrapovic at $3,750.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbossman View Post
I have the meisterschaft gt...I would say get the akra if you can afford it and want no drone/ max everyday comfort. That is the one negative for the gt haus systems...but In terms of pure fun/sound you cant beat the meisterschaft...make sure you get the full cat back though.
Quote:
Akrapovic! It might have a similar tone compared to stock. But it sounds wicked and louder and it has no drone whatsoever that the other suffer from (especially Meisterschaft that is just loud, no finesse at all). Easy choice!
It didn't sound much louder in the app. I have yet to see an akrapovic in real life. I have seen a few Eisenmann on E92s and E90s. They seem to be not bad. I think I do want some sound during idle and the OE exhaust is slient (i can barely even tell whether my car is on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyim1988 View Post
You should consider the m performance exhaust
The reason I didn't consider MPE is that I'm not too happy with the stock exhaust. I can barely hear anything unless I go full throttle. I'm looking for something louder, much louder than the stock. Maybe I'm asking too much from a turbo six, but I really want something at the level of my E92 M3.

It seems that everyone here is leaning towards the akrapovic...lol. Does anyone have an akrapovic installed in Hong Kong so that I can experience the thing in real life?

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #12
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by synclastica_86 View Post
I was told that the Eisenmann is a cat-back and includes the mid-pipe. Also, what's the downpipe? Is it the part just before the cat or does it replaces the cat?

What exactly is droning? I've seen these term all over exhaust forums but have no idea what to expect it to be.

Does this mean that the other 2 system I'm looking at will require cutting and thus not reversible? Also, from what I've been quoted, the pricing of the systems are as follows: Eisenmann is the most economical at $2,600, Meisterschaft at $3,350 and the Akrapovic at $3,750.

It didn't sound much louder in the app. I have yet to see an akrapovic in real life. I have seen a few Eisenmann on E92s and E90s. They seem to be not bad. I think I do want some sound during idle and the OE exhaust is slient (i can barely even tell whether my car is on).

The reason I didn't consider MPE is that I'm not too happy with the stock exhaust. I can barely hear anything unless I go full throttle. I'm looking for something louder, much louder than the stock. Maybe I'm asking too much from a turbo six, but I really want something at the level of my E92 M3.

It seems that everyone here is leaning towards the akrapovic...lol. Does anyone have an akrapovic installed in Hong Kong so that I can experience the thing in real life?
Look if you want a big change in the entire driving dynamic there is only one choice Meisterschaft...but if you want some extra sound while maintaining stock comfort AKRA is undeniable. Don't waste your time with anything else, especially if you have the cash to drop.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #13
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:

It is much louder! When you do a cold start people turn around expecting to see a sportscar. And when cruising you have a deeper and louder sound without it ever producing any drone or sounding like you put on straight pipes.

Btw, drone is the annoying sound that poorly designed exhausts have at certain rpm levels. The exhaust sound resonates in an annoying way inside the car, you know when you hear it. Most have it at 2000-3000 rpm, so it matches the cruising rpm unfortunately. It happens at different rpms for every car/exhaust combination.

So Akrapovic put in 3 months of development and have an exhaust that produces a nice sound without any drawbacks basically while manufacturers like GTHaus just bends som pipes in a week to produce poorly thought of products like their Meisterschaft that drones like there is no tomorrow and sounds like a car with a afterburner.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #14
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep

I'd wait for IPE to release all info about their new exhaust for F32.
images are there but no details written..

http://www.ipe-f1.com/products.php?b...74610413797381
      12-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #15
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It is much louder! When you do a cold start people turn around expecting to see a sportscar. And when cruising you have a deeper and louder sound without it ever producing any drone or sounding like you put on straight pipes.

Btw, drone is the annoying sound that poorly designed exhausts have at certain rpm levels. The exhaust sound resonates in an annoying way inside the car, you know when you hear it. Most have it at 2000-3000 rpm, so it matches the cruising rpm unfortunately. It happens at different rpms for every car/exhaust combination.

So Akrapovic put in 3 months of development and have an exhaust that produces a nice sound without any drawbacks basically while manufacturers like GTHaus just bends som pipes in a week to produce poorly thought of products like their Meisterschaft that drones like there is no tomorrow and sounds like a car with a afterburner.
I disagree...drone is just the loud sounds coming through the car...yes, less is better especially for cruising...but my 335 with Meisterschaft has about the same inside volume as my stock f13 M6. Mind you this exhaust is essentially an all stainless wide piped non resonated non muffled exhaust...of coarse there will be drone LOL

Like I said, if you want to turn your car into a whole new animal go Meisterschaft...if you want to maintain stock'ish ness with greater sound Akra is undeniable...Idk about you but when I drop 3k just for sound, I want major results. thats why I had to pull the trigger with GT haus + I got a sick deal.

Check out the Baan Velgen video on you tube (search 335 Meisterschaft) It is by far the best vid and sounds dead on to what its like in real life.

Going to be exhausting the m6 too...probably also going with Gt haus again as 9k for the Akra seems kind of ridiculous and I cant help but prefer the Meisterschaft sound to the akra on the vids.
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by btbossman
Quote:

I disagree...drone is just the loud sounds coming through the car...yes, less is better especially for cruising...but my 335 with Meisterschaft has about the same inside volume as my stock f13 M6. Mind you this exhaust is essentially an all stainless wide piped non resonated non muffled exhaust...of coarse there will be drone LOL

Like I said, if you want to turn your car into a whole new animal go Meisterschaft...if you want to maintain stock'ish ness with greater sound Akra is undeniable...Idk about you but when I drop 3k just for sound, I want major results. thats why I had to pull the trigger with GT haus + I got a sick deal.

Check out the Baan Velgen video on you tube (search 335 Meisterschaft) It is by far the best vid and sounds dead on to what its like in real life.

Going to be exhausting the m6 too...probably also going with Gt haus again as 9k for the Akra seems kind of ridiculous and I cant help but prefer the Meisterschaft sound to the akra on the vids.
I don't get it. If drone is just loud sound coming into the cabin, then way is that's bad thing? If I want no sound in the cabin then why bother with an exhaust? After all, the performance is rather minimal.

As for what I want from the exhaust, I don't want any resemblance to the stock system as I really can't hear anything from it.

So, bossman, did you go with the quad or the twin tips? Will the twin tips fit the OE apron? Also, if I go for the full cat back (AR + SR), the will be no cutting right? Can I return the car 100% to stock if needed?

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep

mate everybody want engine sound to be heard inside but its how the cabin is made , Its made for high speed highways (autobahn ,etc) for 120mph+ and still feel comfort.

drone isn't the thing we paid 50k-55k for ..while cruising for 20mins or 30min at 60mph.
      12-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
I don't get it. If drone is just loud sound coming into the cabin, then way is that's bad thing? If I want no sound in the cabin then why bother with an exhaust? After all, the performance is rather minimal.

As for what I want from the exhaust, I don't want any resemblance to the stock system as I really can't hear anything from it.

So, bossman, did you go with the quad or the twin tips? Will the twin tips fit the OE apron? Also, if I go for the full cat back (AR + SR), the will be no cutting right? Can I return the car 100% to stock if needed?
Drone isn't just loud sound, drone comes from poor design! I don't know what btbossman is talking about, you can have a very loud exhaust with no drone and you can have a stock sounding exhaust with lots of drone - it is just a matter of good or bad design.

From another site:

Exhaust drone is primarily the result of sound waves traveling through the air and vibration that is transferred through a vehicle's frame, body and components. Exhaust drone vibration may also be a result of sound frequency alignment between the engine and exhaust. When the frequencies are aligned, the result is a pressure wave between the engine and exhaust. Sound waves, transferred sound and sound frequency must be controlled to quiet the exhaust. Exhaust system modifications and the application of sound control material will reduce exhaust drone in your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #19
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I went with the single pipes as I thought putting quads on a 335 would be overkill. They fit great and make the rear end look properly proportioned... I also did the full cat back, so yes its fully returnable to stock.

As far as drone goes you can consider it what you want. To me its just noise from the exhaust within the cabin...I do consider the f30 poorly insulated so that may make it worst but for me its great because I love that the car literally feels completely different. I absolutely love it. It does exactly what I want. Only time its ever annoying is between 2500 and 2900 while cruising...soo just drive your car faster
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #20
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbossman View Post
I went with the single pipes as I thought putting quads on a 335 would be overkill. They fit great and make the rear end look properly proportioned... I also did the full cat back, so yes its fully returnable to stock.

As far as drone goes you can consider it what you want. To me its just noise from the exhaust within the cabin...I do consider the f30 poorly insulated so that may make it worst but for me its great because I love that the car literally feels completely different. I absolutely love it. It does exactly what I want. Only time its ever annoying is between 2500 and 2900 while cruising...soo just drive your car faster
Well, it is not what I consider it to be - it is what it is. You just said it yourself, it is annoying at the rpm range that most of us spend 80% of the time driving. GTHaus can't design a exhaust, simple as that. Anyone with a pipe bender can put out an exhaust, the problem is that it takes more than that to not cause any trouble.

So if you want to pay that much money for the Meisterschaft just to get it loud but get headache producing drone, go ahead I won't stop you. But people call Akrapovic a ripoff, the real ripoff if you ask me are companies like GTHaus that sells shit products for a lot of money.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #21
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Pretty tough to beat Akra anything if you ask me. My vote would be for the akra.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #22
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, it is not what I consider it to be - it is what it is. You just said it yourself, it is annoying at the rpm range that most of us spend 80% of the time driving. GTHaus can't design a exhaust, simple as that. Anyone with a pipe bender can put out an exhaust, the problem is that it takes more than that to not cause any trouble.

So if you want to pay that much money for the Meisterschaft just to get it loud but get headache producing drone, go ahead I won't stop you. But people call Akrapovic a ripoff, the real ripoff if you ask me are companies like GTHaus that sells shit products for a lot of money.
Im sorry have you had a meisterscchaft? It is by no means bad quality in any way, shape or form...contrary its a work of art compared to the AKRA...is the AKRA better engineered, of course! But like I said the meisterschaft is an all delete exhaust made of stainless...its supposed to be as free flowing as possible... the AKRA has double the resonation of the stock exhaust and a muffler and is made of mild steel which is why there is no drone. Ive also heard the Akra right next to mine...It sounds great but to be honest I prefer the throatiness of the Gt haus, it sounds more V8'ish

Idk If you have taken a long trip in any powerful/loud cars but I can tell you all of them are annoying including stock m6's. Yes there is a point on the revs in this car where the exhaust is at its loudest(2500-2900rpm) For comfort reasons while cruising, (for long periods of time) stay above or below, I choose above.

I am probably pulling the trigger on the meisterschaft turbo back for the m6 btw. I just cant pay double for less, with Akra.
Appreciate 0