E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 squeaky/ticking noise from motor/pulley

02-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
Lnknprkfrk28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I M-Sport Package

E92 squeaky/ticking noise from motor/pulley

Hello guys, hope all are having a good day. I really need some help with an issue I just started running into a couple of days ago with my 2012 BMW 335I coupe manual 6 spd. On Monday after driving my car and parking at a store i was going to, when i parked, i heard a little ticking/squeaky noise that was coming from my motor. I opened the hood and got closer to the noise and it seems like it might be a pulley or some belt that as it is spinning, it is squeaking. The noise is really like a small puppy barking, a really small puppy lol The issue is very weird and the car is pretty new for it to be making this noise all of a sudden. The noise starts to happen everything i drive my car and park it. However in the beginning when i turn it on, there is no noise. Usually when the car is cold, or even when it idles normally there still is no noise. Now after i drive it for 20 minutes or so then come to a stop or park the car, the noise starts again . As i gas while in neutral the noise gets faster. So I am assuming it is some type of belt maybe? Any thoughts guys? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0