E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > New to the forums, Looking to buy used E91 2009 328i Wagon Xdrive

03-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
JBT9
Rep
Drives: E91 2009 328i Xdrive

New to the forums, Looking to buy used E91 2009 328i Wagon Xdrive

Hi everyone, new member here.

After 11 years of fun, I've sold my MK3 VW GTI VR6. I'm entering the BMW world and was hoping to get some help here. As mentioned in the title, I'm currently looking at a used E91 2009 328i Xdrive wagon with sports package from a private dealer. Visually it looks great and drives nice. The dealer does offer extended warranty options through Coverage One, which is accepted at any BMW dealership. If I can negotiate the right price, I will likely go with the extended warranty.

Asking price is $23,000cdn. The car has 96,000km (approx 59,000miles). I just had the car inspected at a local BMW dealership. Aside from telling me it was in remarkable shape for the year/mileage, these were the only things of note:

- left front axle seal has a minor sweat (not a leak)
- tires will need to be replaced down the road
- the wheel alignment is out by less than 2%
- wipers are streaking

Any thoughts or other things I should worry about? Are any of these worth using as a bargaining chip? I haven't bought a car in 11 years, so I can honestly say that I will lack any negotiating skills. Should I be worried about the front axle seal anytime soon? I suppose that if I go with an appropriate extended warranty plan that I should be fine if the seal gets worse.

Hope to get some feedback, thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0