F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Headlight problem
Studio RSR

06-03-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
Medal
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3C

Garage List
Headlight problem

Hey everyone..i have a problem. I put the KW v1 on and my car is now perfect to me. The problem is the headlights point to the sky now and no matter the adjustment, the auto-leveling re-poin them to the sky. BMW told me it's something that is not fixable unless i get a some part that would have to be aftermarket that prevents the auto-leveling system to think the car is lowered...

Anyone have any experience with this and can help me out?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
avantix
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4CS Lime Rock Grey

On driver's side rear, right behind the spring there is a levelling sensor that was installed backwards. I had the exact same problem as you and told my mechanic to check the sensor and sure enough he installed it backwards after changing out the springs.

Shocked those clowns at the dealer didn't know to check for the sensor. It's a 2 minute fix once the wheel is off.
      06-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantix View Post
On driver's side rear, right behind the spring there is a levelling sensor that was installed backwards. I had the exact same problem as you and told my mechanic to check the sensor and sure enough he installed it backwards after changing out the springs.

Shocked those clowns at the dealer didn't know to check for the sensor. It's a 2 minute fix once the wheel is off.
Thank you for this! I brought my car in and sure enough, this was exactly the problem! Took all of about 15 minutes to fix.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #4
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantix View Post

....and go habs by the way! Too bad our season is over but at least the Kings are handing the Rangers @$$ to them!!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
....and go habs by the way! Too bad our season is over but at least the Kings are handing the Rangers @$$ to them!!
Go HABS go indeed, glad to find HABS fans south of the border
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #6
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
Go HABS go indeed, glad to find HABS fans south of the border
I'm from Berlin, NH and my whole mother's side of the fam is habs faithful and have since i remember. I love them and have nothing but fond memories of games at my grandmothers when i was just a tot....good times. Now I just need to make it to montreal for a game because i've yet to see one outside of Boston...where needless to say Im not always looked upon highly...the fact that I'm a former US Marines helps keep them at bay and thats about it brotha lol!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #7
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
I'm from Berlin, NH and my whole mother's side of the fam is habs faithful and have since i remember. I love them and have nothing but fond memories of games at my grandmothers when i was just a tot....good times. Now I just need to make it to montreal for a game because i've yet to see one outside of Boston...where needless to say Im not always looked upon highly...the fact that I'm a former US Marines helps keep them at bay and thats about it brotha lol!
Appreciate 0